New to Cruise Critic, Xmas sailing Destiny

Hi everyone

Just joined what looks like a great site. My family and I are cruising on the Destiny on Dec 21st for 2 weeks, anyone else out there going? We went on the Destiny when she was the Sunbird and really liked her, hopefully under Thomson she is even better.:)

Hi Poplarcons:)

Welcome to the site. I'm not travelling on Destiny in December but have been on her twice before, the last time in June this year and we are also booked on her in March next year in the Caribbean.

She's a great ship and my favourite Thomson ship. You'll not be disappointed.

Smiffy1951:)

It's a very friendly ship and I'm sure it will be great over the festive period - with some sunshine too. Enjoy!

Are you planning to try the Celebration sometime, Smiffy? I know it's the same design as the Spirit - but I do think the atmosphere is different. I'd be reallly interested to hear your views if you ever go on Celebration. We love her!!

Hi Kruzseeka:)

Will probably try the Celebration at some point it all depends on the itineries. My other half wants to do the Baltic but I'm a bit dubious about sailing out of the UK cos I get sea sick on the Channel and don't know how it will be. I'm fine when we sail anywhere else, apart from once in the Atlantic on our way to Madeira when Sturgeron came to my rescue.

We're already booked on Destiny again next year for the Caribbean so the Celebration will probably have to wait until 2010 cos we're going to see our daughter in Bahrain for 2 weeks in September and I don't think the purse strings will stretch as far as another cruise as well. Plus I've already booked more time off work for 2009 than I am entitled to - still never mind!!!

Maybe the Celebration will go into the Med cos we've said we would try the Mediterranen Rennaisance at some point.

Maybe we will win the lottery then I can cruise all year round and not worry about the finances - Some hope!!!!

Smiffy:D :D

Hi smiffy,

It sounds as though you've got pretty interesting plans for next year - enjoy! We have a number of ideas (several itineraries we fancy) but not committed to anything just yet - but they all involve cruising!!!

The Baltic cruise is really fab - we've done it 3 times now and each time enjoyed it just as much as the first time. We had rough seas both ways into the Baltic on one trip but I just take the Stugeron and so far, touch wood, I've been fine. I'd recommend giving it a try as the itinerary and especially Tallinn and St Petersburg are stunning. Another to add to the list!!

I keep thinking when we go somewhere that it will be ticked off as a place on my 'want to visit' list - but the list just gets longer as I enjoy new ports of call and resolve to go back again!

Anyway, happy planning - it's all part of the fun!! :)

Archived