Lunch place near Acapulco Cruise Terminal?

TwoCalBears

I personally wouldn't walk anywhere 10-15 minutes outside the terminal there. It's a very dangerous port. I highly recommend going in large groups and taking a tour in one of the vans outside with one of the locals. It's a lot of fun and you are safe. On our cruise a man was just walking around out there and he was robbed by the police and they took $150 from him and said he was peeing somewhere or some stupid thing. This is on of the most unsafest ports there are. It is beautiful there though and we had a ball on going on one of the group tours off the ship. He took us shopping, to the cliff divers, to see famous movie star's old homes or where they stayed while filming, he took us to Sr. Frogs to eat and all over the place and I think we paid like $40 for the both of us plus tip and we all pitched in to buy his lunch. It was one of the best days we ever had in Mexico.

I personally wouldn't walk anywhere 10-15 minutes outside the terminal there. It's a very dangerous port. I highly recommend going in large groups and taking a tour in one of the vans outside with one of the locals. It's a lot of fun and you are safe. On our cruise a man was just walking around out there and he was robbed by the police and they took $150 from him and said he was peeing somewhere or some stupid thing. This is on of the most unsafest ports there are. It is beautiful there though and we had a ball on going on one of the group tours off the ship. He took us shopping, to the cliff divers, to see famous movie star's old homes or where they stayed while filming, he took us to Sr. Frogs to eat and all over the place and I think we paid like $40 for the both of us plus tip and we all pitched in to buy his lunch. It was one of the best days we ever had in Mexico.

We've been to Acapulco several times and never, never felt threatened!!!

In fact our upcoming cruise we picked because it stops here. We get off and walk to the market, etc. It's like being in any foreign place. You act polite and be pleasant, and the locals will be nice to you also.

We walk all over Acapulco and never feel that it is more dangerous than any other large city. We find that if we want a cab, the ones outside the terminal - usually old VW bugs - are a lot cheaper. As far as nearby restaurants go, we prefer the ship - good water and we can eat the salads. ;) Nancy

Archived