Tropical Storm in Atlantic? HELP!!!!

Avril

Ok, I need you people to calm my nerves. I'm sailing on the Valor this Sunday (my Fiance and I are flying to Miami on Saturday). :D I've heard from a member of our roll call that there is a Tropical Storm brewing in the Atlantic. :eek: This could cause a lot of rain, rough seas and worse of all, an itinerary change. :( I really love our itinerary (Eastern Caribbean) and am not very fond of the alternative (Western Caribbean). I want warm (ok, hot) sunny weather and calm seas. :D What are the chances of this storm inpacting our itinerary? I'm all freaked out and really worried. :(

Thanks!! :D

Avril:

This is the risk you took when you booked your cruise during hurricane season.... they can impact your trip, and the itinerary changes are vital for safety sake. Since there is absolutely nothing you can do about the weather, TRY to focus on the fun you'll have on board... regardless of what happens outside, you may have a wonderful vacation!

Avril,

You'll be fine. These don't look like they'll impact you very much at all. They should be inland as early as Thursday. They are actually heading more toward Bermuda and farther up north, and since you're going to the EC, you shouldn't have any problems at all.

Check the hurrican center online if you'd like to keep updated regularly.

Ok, I need you people to calm my nerves. I'm sailing on the Valor this Sunday (my Fiance and I are flying to Miami on Saturday). :D I've heard from a member of our roll call that there is a Tropical Storm brewing in the Atlantic. :eek: This could cause a lot of rain, rough seas and worse of all, an itinerary change. :( I really love our itinerary (Eastern Caribbean) and am not very fond of the alternative (Western Caribbean). I want warm (ok, hot) sunny weather and calm seas. :D What are the chances of this storm inpacting our itinerary? I'm all freaked out and really worried. :(

Thanks!!

.....travel insurance? It's not too late.

:eek:

wasiii

Avril:

This is the risk you took when you booked your cruise during hurricane season.... they can impact your trip, and the itinerary changes are vital for safety sake. Since there is absolutely nothing you can do about the weather, TRY to focus on the fun you'll have on board... regardless of what happens outside, you may have a wonderful vacation!

I know, I've learned my lesson. :o I will never book a cruise during Hurricane season again. I didn't even think about that when I booked it back in February.

We will have a good time, regardless!! :D

Avril,

You'll be fine. These don't look like they'll impact you very much at all. They should be inland as early as Thursday. They are actually heading more toward Bermuda and farther up north, and since you're going to the EC, you shouldn't have any problems at all.

Check the hurrican center online if you'd like to keep updated regularly.

Thanks!! :D That makes me feel a bit better. What's the website for the Hurricane Centre?

Avril, my dear, take a "chill pill " LOL You have nothing to worry about. By the time you sail, that storm will be way north of you and out of the picture. Take the advice of your fellow Freedom cruiser, ( me ) who also has a son who is a meteorologist, and just go and have a good time.

National Hurricane Center

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

144124W_sm.gif

Thanks!! :D

Avril, my dear, take a "chill pill " LOL You have nothing to worry about. By the time you sail, that storm will be way north of you and out of the picture. Take the advice of your fellow Freedom cruiser, ( me ) who also has a son who is a meteorologist, and just go and have a good time.

I know, I know, I'm getting all freaked out over nothing. :o I see and read things and freak out and go over the top all the time (that's the worry wart in me). :o I'm really looking forward to the cruise, it's going to be a blast!! :D I just want it to be perfect, that's all. Tell your son to keep an extra close watch on that storm for the next few days for me.

Ok, going to take that chill pill now. :D

first of all chill out

you aren't going to feeling anything from it and if the cruise line thought it was going to be unpleasant or dangerous for their passengers they wouldn't travel through a hurricane or TS.

One other thing - the waters of the Caribbean and off the coast of FL are the smoothest during hurricane season - Believe me I have been many times off the coast of FL in a 19ft bay boat 25 miles off shore and been fine. In the fall or winter I would never try it, cold fronts sweep through FL in the winter and the waters get more rough.

We have cruised in Nov once and had 25ft waves and 60 mph winds, and the two times we have gone in Jan the waters were rough compared to Sept/Oct.

Enjoy your cruise, have a sail away drink and you will be fine.

Archived