where to buy international phone cards?

dulcimergirl

I'd like to buy some as extra's in my tip envelopes.. was wondering where to get them, and about how much time should I purchase for each card?

I would think this would be the perfect "extra" for cabin stewards, waiter's, and such. Thanks for thoughts..

and yes, I will still leave a great tip for good service,

DG

You need to buy the cards at the port you want them to use the card. Problem is, if they don't have their shore day while at that port, it can't be used. You cannot use the ones from home.

Most staff appreciate the cash more than any other add ons. It is then up to their descretion how to use it and for what. Most send their pay home to their families. Ask them.

the other poster is correct in that where you purchase them has a bearing on where they can be used. I've also seen that they prefer cash as they can buy phone cards on the ship at a greatly reduced price - more bang for the buck.

I'd like to buy some as extra's in my tip envelopes.. was wondering where to get them, and about how much time should I purchase for each card?

I would think this would be the perfect "extra" for cabin stewards, waiter's, and such. Thanks for thoughts..

and yes, I will still leave a great tip for good service,

DG

Archived