Fantasy....I'll be staying in R137, never been in an inside cabin....

haveanotherbeer

We went on Ecstasy in May with friends. To save money, we booked an interior cabin on Riveria. (started our cruise history with balcony, then ocean view, but that's another story).

IMO, we will never book interior again. The room itself was great. However, it really messed up our body clocks to wake up & have no idea if it was morning or night. We fell asleep early after dinner one night & woke up to see our cellphone say 11:00. We had no idea if it was 11pm or 11am. Even when we set our alarms, it was extremely difficult to wake up in pitch darkness even though it was sunny outside.

We have been on the Riviera deck on the Fantasy a couple of times and it was fine. As for the inside room, be prepared for the best sleep of your life. It was so dark at night that I slept better than I had in years!

I agree.

Since I cruise SOLO, for obvious financial reasons, its almost always mandatory to get an inside cabin (unless with my son, I always get a balcony for us). So, its maybe even a little sour grapes, but I really like a completely dark room. I also sleep like a baby (I must have done something very good in my life at one time).:rolleyes:

If you have a problem with not knowing whether its 11:00am or 11:00pm just turn on the television and go to the ships camera looking off the bow.:) Or, you could actually get dressed and go up to the disco. If its closed its am . . . if its hoppin' its pm. :D

can anyone tell me if this is an o.k. place for a room. I heard the lower you are the less chance of getting seasick. I was on the Fantasy in May of 2007, was in E176 and it was not a problem. Is it real niosy? Any information would be great.

Thanks,

:)

The cabins are basically the same except you wont have a window. We always bring a LCD alarm clock so that you know what time it is. Set it to military time and it wont be a problem knowing what is am or pm.

It wont be noisy at all in that area.

Dave

We went on Ecstasy in May with friends. To save money, we booked an interior cabin on Riveria. (started our cruise history with balcony, then ocean view, but that's another story).

IMO, we will never book interior again. The room itself was great. However, it really messed up our body clocks to wake up & have no idea if it was morning or night. We fell asleep early after dinner one night & woke up to see our cellphone say 11:00. We had no idea if it was 11pm or 11am. Even when we set our alarms, it was extremely difficult to wake up in pitch darkness even though it was sunny outside.

It's truly a blessing and a curse. You sleep great, but not waking up to the sun just sucks. I hated not knowing if it was the middle of the night or if I had overslept and it was the middle of the freakin afternoon.

We just sailed the Fantasy right after Dry Dock (10/4) and stayed on the Riviera deck. We were in R184 and didn't have any problems with the exception of the low hum from the elevator shaft/room and the weedheads on our floor.

You will be fine. Low and midship is great for little "ocean motion"! Take the stairs, and you will be able to eat/drink whatever you want without the usual cruise weight gain! It is usually quieter there too because fewer pax will be walking by your cabin at all hours of the night.

Like glrounds said, turn the TV on to the "bow cam" and when you wake up you will know what it looks like outside (day/night, weather, in port or not, etc.) It is like a tiny window to the world.

If you want to get up early, order a wake-up call and/or room service breakfast (free!). You can also use your cell phone's alarm clock feature. Just remember to keep it plugged in because ours always die quickly due to constantly searching for a non-existent cell signal!

Have fun on your cruise :-)

I would never pay more for a room because of what level its on, at least not on the Fantasy class, the Riveria is not that far from anything really and closer to debarking at ports. As for an inside room, I thought I would never be able to do that, but again for financial reasons, we tried it and found we were ok with it, while I prefer a window, mainly to peak outside in the AM to get an idea if the sun was shining or get the first glimpse of our destination, I found that lacking these things didnt impact my overall enjoyment of the cruise and we would do it again if the price difference is enough to help pay for excursions and such.

Archived