Xel-Ha

danajjj

Can anyone tell me about it? We are thinking of booking this through RCI. The info says it lasts 8 hrs., and I'm concerned that will be too long for the kids, particularly my youngest. My kids are ages 6, 9, and 11. Thanks for any help!

Can anyone tell me about it? We are thinking of booking this through RCI. The info says it lasts 8 hrs., and I'm concerned that will be too long for the kids, particularly my youngest. My kids are ages 6, 9, and 11. Thanks for any help!

I don't know how helpful this will be - but my former husband and I went to Xel Ha on a trip from Cancun about 12 years ago.

We stopped at Xel Ha on our way back from the trip to Tulum. It was about a 1 hour drive from Cancun and if your cruise stops in Cozumel, you need to cross the short body of water to the mainland and then drive down to Xel Ha, so I am guessing it might take about 1-1 1/2 hours each way, so that would account for 3 hours. It was a VERY pretty place. It is very ecologocially friendly as you can't use regular sunscreen as it will contaminate the water. We took a tube (or was it a canoe ride) down this small river and then relaxed on the beach.

If you kids enjoy hanging out at the beach and other water type activities you should be OK.

Maybe someone who has done a more recent excursion can be more helpful.

A lot of that 8 hours will be transportation getting to/from.

Xel Ha is on the mainland so there will be a ferry ride there and back and a bus to/from the park.

I thought Xel Ha itself was pretty neat with lots of things to do.

My trip was combined with Tulum and wasn't from Cozumel. My recollection is that I wished I could have stayed at the park a lot longer.

They do have a website:

http://www.xelha.com/

Archived