Sabitini's Lunch

Destin dreamer

Has anyone had lunch in Sabitini's ? Would you recommend it?

My understanding is that Sabatinis stopped offering the lunch/brunch option. Have they started it up again and I missed it?

Hummmmm, I just checked and I see it is again listed on 'selected sea days'

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/dining/dining_options/grand.html

Had it on last year's CB Repo and it was fantastic! Loved it so much I am organizing a group lunch on our Repo this year too. Just be sure to check, even though the Princess website says it's open on select sea days, it is not always true.

I had arranged with the Ship Coordinator to have a group lunch for 30 some people last year, only to get onboard, call the restaurant to confirm lunch, and be told that they were NOT open for lunch.

Luckily for us, the Passenger Service Director at the time was the wonderful James Deering, and he called me later in the day on embarkation to advise that lunch was indeed confirmed for our group, and even stopped by to ensure we were happy with everything.

James is on the CB for this year's repo, and I know that if I've received mis-information from the Ship Coordinator again, he will make things right.

But bottom line, it's a fantastic lunch (my understanding is that it's the same menu as dinner but we had only done lunch so I cannot confirm that).

Be sure to go when it is not the formal night because believe me if you eat lunch there you will not be hungry for dinner. I went once and LOVED it but never for lunch. Although I want to on our 10 day Eastern Caribbean cruise in Dec my DH didn't care for the menu, he not into seafood, which I love. I can't or won't give up a dinner without him, but lunch I would. Someone said menu changed can anyone confirm that? Its been a long time since I went on the Star.:D

Princess does say that Sabatini's is open 12-2 on select sea days.

Has anyone had the lunch?

I was at the lunch with LuckyRoot last year (and signed up again for this years cruise). It was more food than anyone could possibly eat for $15. It was my understanding that it's a fixed menu; same for dinner or lunch. If I didn't eat for 3 days, I still wouldn't be able to eat all the food offered. Some of it was very Italian like some of the hot and cold antipasti and there was quite a lot of fish (I wish I could remember everything). My husband is meat and potatos and didn't care for it so I'm going without him for lunch this time! I had the chilean sea bass for the entree and it was great.

Archived