RCCL Cancellation Policy

falltex

I just read in USA Today that Crystal Cruises have relaxed their cancellation policy from 75 days prior to sail date to 45 days, in order to give customers more flexibility during this economic crisis. I hope Royal Caribbean follows suit...that might allow me to go on my planned cruise in late January rather than have to cancel prematurely (before I know if I'm going to have a job or not)

Keep in mind that many of Crystal cruises are longer cruises or more exotic cruises and thusly harder to sell to "last minute" customers. Probably what they are experiencing is that people were canceling at the old timeline and they weren't refilling the cabins with new cabins by the time of this new time line, so why not give the booked cruises more wiggle room.

RCCL has a different target market who may be more flexible so they can resell the cabins that are cancelled at the 75 day mark. Not to say that this dynamic can't or won't change.

I just read in USA Today that Crystal Cruises have relaxed their cancellation policy from 75 days prior to sail date to 45 days, in order to give customers more flexibility during this economic crisis. I hope Royal Caribbean follows suit...that might allow me to go on my planned cruise in late January rather than have to cancel prematurely (before I know if I'm going to have a job or not)

Welcome to CC. :cool:

a) Crystal has smaller ships to fill

b) different clientel: a Nov 2009 cruise (7Nights out of Miami) on Crystal starts at $350 per night (oceanview). Same time, a 7 Night cruise out of Miami starts @ $140/night (oceanview) on RCI.

c) I suggest insurance

Archived