HAs anyone taken a snorkel trip from town or the pier?

wendya2J

Hi,

i'd like to hear about your experience if you took a snorkel trip from the pier or in town...was it worth it? what were the boats like???

i read one post where people had to ride in a really old boat with a bananna towed behind it????

thanks, wendy

Did you get the name of that snorkel tour. We did that tour about 2 years ago and to this day it is the best one we have ever been on. It lasted 2 hours, was a guided tour and a banana boat ride all for about $23 pp. We are going back in Dec. just because it was such a great experience. There were 4 people total and it was great. If you want want a great snorkel trip with a small price tag, this is the way to go. Please let me know if you know the name of the company. The boat was older, but it ran.If you like lots of people, high prices, and foo foo boats go through the cruise lines. Take Care

Mama,

Do you remember how you did it???? did you take a taxi into town and then take a tour??? what is a bananna boat ride like,,,,would "Pooh" sized people have a difficult time riding it or is it pretty solid??? I've heard on the boards that mayawal or lets go snorkeling are good from in town,,,,,,wendy

The company you are looking for is "LET'S GO SNORKELLING". They have a booth at the cruiseship Pier. The other option is MAYAWAL TOURS. They have 3 booths at the pier. Let's go snorkelling use small boats and Mayawal tours use a pontoon boat. They both go to the same place for snorkelling. It is a great place.

How do you get to and from the snorkel places to catch their boats? If we were meeting with other people, would it be better to meet them at the pier, or at majahual beach?

thanks so much for your help!!!

PS - do you know how you get onto or off of these boats?

wendy :)

Archived