Aft Cabin 8176 on Star - larger balcony?

MLinFL

Has anyone on this board sailed in this cabin (or similar)? We have sailed in aft cabins on other ships and was wondering how this would compare. Would really like to know if the balcony is any larger than the "regular" balcony cabins. On the other ships we have been on - Oosterdam (#8126), Summit, (#7206) and NCL Sun (#0267), - the aft cabins have had much larger balconies.

Thanks,

Mary Lou :confused:

Hi Mary Lou,

The balconys on the Star for BA category range from 37 - 54 square feet, and #8176 appears to be larger than the rest. The cabin also looks wider than the other BAs. We have #8676 reserved for the 4/14/05 cruise.

Maybe some one who has cruised in either of these cabins can give us information on the extra width of the cabin?

Margaret

Shoreguy said:

The aft BA balconies on deck 8 and 9 are about he same size as the regular balconies but with a much better view. The 2 aft BA balconies on deck 10 are at least 4 times larger then a regular balcony on the Star

Do you know if the BA aft balconies on Deck 10 have any cover over them? What about the BA aft balconies on Deck 8 - are they covered? We don't care that much for the sun and would prefer a balcony with a some protection from the hot rays.

Thanks,

Mary Lou

All the balconies have cover. The balconey on Deck 10 (look at the deckplans) is much deeper and would provide the most covered area. There are only two of these cabins and are hard to book.

The only reason I prebooked the Dawn (same layout as the Star)for 06 was to lock up one of the deck 10 cabins.

• 3 months later...

We will be in aft BA 8676 on the 4/6/05 sailing and will report back with pictures.

I know that the balcony is fully covered from overhead but of course it depends what the suns angle is for shade.

The stateroom/balcony is also wider than the other BA on the sides of the ship so it's a bit like a suite. We also like being low in the ship for less motion as well as being closer to the water.

We were called by NCL to upgrade to an AC suite but decided against it as we really wanted the aft balcony which are very hard to get.

Never say never I suppose...Well NCL sure must want me to upgrade.:eek: After a 5th offer in a month for an ugrade I finally took their offer for a AD Romance Suite on the stern of Deck 10. We really just wanted to keep our BA on the stern of deck 8 but after figuring extra cost for champagne, which is included in the Romance Suite plus other goodies like cavier etc...and having breakfast each morning and dinners (both are full menus) in our room on a regular table out on the deck, first tender option in port, etc...I figured it was worth $200 per person.

Happy cruising who ever gets our original BA stern cabin!

Unfortunately only 6 cabins appear at any one time when you use the NCL site, as well as some of the other on line sites. These aft cabins never seem to show up........I have checked most of the cruise dates through the rest of the year and the 6 aft BA cabins on the STAR don't show up anywhere. They are very popular and most likely get booked before they ever show up on the site.

If I have room in the suitcase maybe I'll pack a tape measure and do my own balcony measurements in my free time....lol.

We will be on the Star March 21st and we are on deck 10...10230 aft. The balcony is 96 sq. ft.! 10730 right next door is the same size. We did have an aft balcony on deck 9 aft. which is 56 sq. ft. As soon as I saw that there was one available on deck 10 I switched.

This will be the biggest balcony we have ever had. We were in our first aft cabin last year on the Sun and it was awesome and the view was fantastic. Also alot quieter in the back. You may notice a little bit of vibration, but not enough to bother you. I didn't notice any excessive engine noice at all. We will probably always get an aft from now on especially if we are lucky enough to get one of the larger balconies.

Sharon

We will be on the Star March 21st and we are on deck 10...10230 aft. The balcony is 96 sq. ft.! 10730 right next door is the same size. We did have an aft balcony on deck 9 aft. which is 56 sq. ft. As soon as I saw that there was one available on deck 10 I switched.:rolleyes:

This will be the biggest balcony we have ever had.:D We were in our first aft cabin last year on the Sun and it was awesome and the view was fantastic. Also alot quieter in the back. You may notice a little bit of vibration, but not enough to bother you. I didn't notice any excessive engine noice at all. We will probably always get an aft from now on especially if we are lucky enough to get one of the larger balconies.

I HAVE NO CLUE HOW THIS GOT POSTED TWICE:eek: :eek:

Sharon:)

If you have a very flexible schedule, call NCL reservations and ask them to tell you when either 10730 or 10230 is available. I am booked in 10730 in October 2005 and the res agent looked thru 2 months for us before finding it available. The only way we could get this cabin was to ask NCL to book it since it NEVER showed up on their website as available. I'm sure your travel agent could do the same if you prefer using an agent.

Funny to see this thread back on page 1 again. Yesterday I checked our sailing date to see what was left and there were no BA catagory cabins available. This afternoon I checked and magically 3 BA aft cabins have appeared.....along with 2 other BA's. We are 32 days from cruising and someone is going to get lucky and get #8176.....and have me cruising next to them.

:D

When you get back post how the room was. We have 10730 in December. I am wondering if the room is a bit bigger than the others also. I know it will be wider, but maybe it is shorter. Enjoy your cruise!

Sailed in that cabin. It is the same size as the other BA`s, not wider, not shorter.

Hi Mary Lou,

The balconys on the Star for BA category range from 37 - 54 square feet, and #8176 appears to be larger than the rest. The cabin also looks wider than the other BAs. We have #8676 reserved for the 4/14/05 cruise.

Maybe some one who has cruised in either of these cabins can give us information on the extra width of the cabin?

Margaret

Hi Margaret!! My wife and I have cabin 8676 for the 4-6-05 sailing of the Star. I guess I won't be able to get much info for you before you go, but I'll try and keep your cabin clean for you! Hope you have a great time, I personally can't wait!

Has anyone on this board sailed in this cabin (or similar)? We have sailed in aft cabins on other ships and was wondering how this would compare. Would really like to know if the balcony is any larger than the "regular" balcony cabins. On the other ships we have been on - Oosterdam (#8126), Summit, (#7206) and NCL Sun (#0267), - the aft cabins have had much larger balconies.

Thanks,

Mary Lou :confused:

The aft BA cabins on deck 8 are the exact same size as all the cabins on deck 10 (w/ the exception of the 10230 & 10730). You should check w/ NCL to see if the aft cabins on deck 9 or 10 are available.

Archived