Canceling question

Sarmty

My family and I are scheduled to cruise in less than a month. If I cancel now, the Carnival website says you lose 50% of the cruise fare. Does that mean that the taxes, fees, fuel surcharge, etc. will all be returned also? Instead of losing the money completely, will Carnival allow me to just move the money to another date?

My family and I are scheduled to cruise in less than a month. If I cancel now, the Carnival website says you lose 50% of the cruise fare. Does that mean that the taxes, fees, fuel surcharge, etc. will all be returned also? Instead of losing the money completely, will Carnival allow me to just move the money to another date?

I am pretty sure it is 50% of the amount on the final invoice - which would be half of the taxes and port charges, etc.

As far as moving the date.....sometimes they do and sometimes they don't :( .

Call you PVP or TA and check out you options to be sure!!

Cruise Fare is defined in the contract:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx

It does not include fuel supplements or government taxes. It does include port fees.

It is highly unlikely that Carnival is willing to transfer to another date; but in unique circumstances it has happened. It all depends on your reasons for cancelling, whether or not you purchased insurance, and who you happen to talk to.

Archived