formal night on 4 day cruise

sp29488

It's been awhile since we've been on a shorter cruise. My brother and his girlfriend are leaving Thursday for their first cruise. It's a 4 day cruise out of Jacksonville on Carnival Fascination. They are planning on wearing a suit (for him) and a long formal (for her). I think they'll be fine but I haven't cruise on anything shorter than a 7 day in awhile. I know that on shorter cruises people tend to dress down abit but I know that they want to dress up. Will they be to out of place? He is also going to propose to her on formal night (It's a secret) so I think that it will be nice that they'll be dressed up and can get photos afterwards. What do yall think?

My dh and I will be going on a 5 day cruise in May and I know he will still wear his tux and I'll still wear a cocktail dress or formal dress. We just like to get dressed up :)

They may be in the minority but they won't be out of place at all. We always dress to the nines. Just came back from a three day, and DH wore a coat and tie every night, and a tux on Formal/elegant night. I wore cocktail dresses every night, and a long formal on formal night. We always enjoy dressing up, and it makes for wonderful pictures. And the fact that he is proposing! Now would that be a wonderful photo op or what! :)

Archived