Carnival Dream - September 2009

KayKay14

My fiance and I will be getting married on Saturday, Sept. 19, 2009. When we began our research on honeymoon trips, we had dismissed the idea of a cruise because we figured it would be hard to find a cruise that wouldn't be departing on a Saturday or Sunday. We really wanted to leave on our honeymoon either late on Sunday, Sept. 20th or on Monday, Sept. 21st.

In doing another search today, though, I saw that the Carnival Dream will be departing on a Mediterranean Cruise on Monday, Sept. 21, 2009 which is the exact date we wanted to depart on our honeymoon. Plus, we love the itinerary.

In trying to price things out, it looks like the "flight package" will be comparable, or maybe even less expensive, than purchasing flights from Chicago to Rome seperately. But, it says we won't get our flight info until 21 days before departure. Do any of you have any advice on whether to do the flight package? When is the flight likely to leave? Do we get any choices? When trying to plan everything around the wedding, it makes me a little nervous not to know when I'll need to leave on the honeymoon until a few weeks before hand....

Thanks!

The flight will likely be an overnight flight. We have done the Med. twice now with cruiseline flight packages. We flew overnight, and arrived in Rome in the morning around 10 or 11ish. We stayed in Rome 3 nights pre-cruise each time.

Archived