Back from spirit

sabaka

We returned last week from our Athens to Istanbul Spirit trip. It was our fisrt time on Seabourn and will not be our last! Martha, Jan Steerman sends her best to you and made several lovely comments to our table about your mother. Our table was quite intreeged by some of your lovely encounters on Seabourn! Best Wishes

sabaka~~~~~a thousand thank you's! You just made my day! Jan is a lovely, gracious, very talented lady. And yes, Mother and I made so many wonderful memories with Jan and his sweet "hubby", Dan. One great memory I have is one Dec. day the Pride was hosting our "Prickly Pear Island" picnic......Mother was having her lunch under the "thatched roof" pavillion and Dan came and "entertained" her while I strolled the beach, shell hunting. He was so sweet to her and from that day on, Dan was one of her favorites on the Seabourn Pride!

I have missed Jan so much, as I haven't been on the Spirit......I am so delighted that you and Jan are now good friends.

I always say of our Seabourn extended family........, "amigos para siempre".......friends for life.

Thank you again!

Martha B.

Glad to have made your day, Martha! Reading the stories here about your adventures and your sweet mothers times on Seabourn sure have made more than one person here smile and if might say sometimes shed a little happy tear! Have fun planning that Thanksgiving party of your and be sure to tell us all about it!

sabaka~~~~here's a true story about Miss Jewel Grace.......I beleive she was 93 when this occurred.

It was a formal evening on the Pride and we had dined at Captain Rodahl's table. ( Captain always sat Mother to his right) We were strolling out of the restaurant and Mother was dressed to THE

9's......(I was very particular as to Mother's evening wear) She was wearing her beautiful sea-green chiffon gown, with the matching quilted jacket, her long opera length pearls and earrings, the beautiful jewel encrusted lorgnette, her black satin evening slippers, matching handbag........she was in front of me walking with her walker. Out of the blue, a woman came runnin' up to her and said, "Oh, Mrs. Bailey, I wanted to come and tell you how perfectley lovely you look this evening......." Well, Mama, straightened up, pleased "as punch" and in the sweetest 'lit tone said, "Oh now Dear, how very kind of you to come and say that".......then the woman said, "You look so elegant, you look like you should have been on THE Titanic!" With that Mother kinda grabbed and pulled her sleeve and said......."Dearie, in this OLD THING? And kept right on walking!!!!

Soooooo many hilarious and TRUE happenings when "I cruised with Mama....."

She was such fun........and I never heard her make a complaint! (in my life, that is)

Many thanks for your sweet message.......

MB

Archived