Carnival Transfers Miami to Fort Lauderdale

Payd

I have gotten my flight info from Carnival.

On Jan 2 we travel to Miami. Our cruise is out of Fort Lauderdale.

We are cruising on the Freedom on Jan 3.

Does anyone have experience with this? Should we expect to transfer to FLL immediately...or will we overnight in Miami (if so when do the transfers head to FLL)?

Thanks in advance!!:)

I believe you will most likely overnight in Miami as there are usually no transfers the day before the cruise??? I suspect you will take hotel shuttle to wherever they will be booking you for the night and then to the ship the next day with Carnival transfer - not sure of timing? Probably around 11 - 12 pm?

I have gotten my flight info from Carnival.

On Jan 2 we travel to Miami. Our cruise is out of Fort Lauderdale.

We are cruising on the Freedom on Jan 3.

Does anyone have experience with this? Should we expect to transfer to FLL immediately...or will we overnight in Miami (if so when do the transfers head to FLL)?

Thanks in advance!!:)

We did the opposite this year, FLL to Miami - we spent the night in a hotel in FLL, then in the morning took the hotel shuttle back to the FLL airport and hopped on the Carnival shuttle to Miami. I don't even know if Carnival does shuttles the day before.

Can't remember the time, maybe the first shuttle was around 11? We got there early to ensure we got on the first bus. IIRC it took 30-45 minutes for the transfer.

We just got back today from our cruise. We flew to FLL and sailed out of Port of Miami. I found a local company that only charges $24 per person one way. They are great, prompt, and friendly.

If you are interested their number is 1-888-757-0021

We just got back today from our cruise. We flew to FLL and sailed out of Port of Miami. I found a local company that only charges $24 per person one way. They are great, prompt, and friendly.

If you are interested their number is 1-888-757-0021

It sounds like the OP booked air with CCL. If I'm not mistaken the transfers are included when you book CCL air.

If I'm wrong somebody will give the correct info.

Bill

It sounds like the OP booked air with CCL. If I'm not mistaken the transfers are included when you book CCL air.

If I'm wrong somebody will give the correct info.

Bill

Yes Bill - you are right, we booked Carnival air. Transfers are included.

• 1 month later...
Yes Bill - you are right, we booked Carnival air. Transfers are included.

After the wondering and waiting we finally got our docs.

We went with the assumption that we would overnight in Miami, so we arranged rental car and made plans. Lo and behold we will transfer upon arrival. We are now at the Hilton at Dania.

Suggestions - cab into Fll for the evening? How much for return cab fare?

We stayed at the Hilton Gardens in Dania last year. Right across the street there was shopping and restaurants. There was a big box store with a liqour store and several restaurants so it was all walkable and convenient. There were several hotels on that block so see if the Hilton is anywhere near the Hilton Gardens and if so everything you need is right there.

Archived