First timers on Arcadia - no balcony !

milky-bar-man

This link gives you whats included and whats not.

http://www.pocruises.com/Help.axd

It does mention a charge for shuttle buses but we have never had to pay for a P&O shuttle.

Gratuities. There is no auto charging except if you opt for freedom dining where you have different table/waiters each night. Otherwise you pay by cash direct to the persons. There is a recommended amount but you may increase or decrease as you think fit.

Smoking has been banned on all inside areas now on Ventura, Oceana and Artemis and will be banned on Aurora, Oriana and Arcadia after completion of world cruise next April. Smoking will be only permitted in designated outside areas and balconies.

You do get free drinks at the Captains Reception and tea/coffee/biscuits are in cabins. Tea/coffee/hot chocolate is available free 24 hrs in self service but charged for in bars and coffee bar but better quality and served in ceramic cups not paper cartons like RCI.

Waiter service restaurants are open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner unlike some US cruiselines, which are only open for breakfast and dinner (RCI). Self service is open 24hrs. Also greasy spoon place near swimming pools for hamburgers, chips, pizzas etc .

Drink prices are comparable to UK pubs so now much cheaper than dollar based ships

Brian

Sorry can't remember individual charges for room service meals etc, the only room service I used was breakfast, you put your order card out the night before (on Ventura you can order breakfast on the interactive tv!) like in hotels. We used room service on port days as it was easier than going down to breakfast and also acted as a wake up call if we had a trip booked.

The launderettes are free, tea and coffee from ss restaurant,but if you want a good coffee -Latte etc they are about a £1 from the cafe (vivo on Arcadia) and you get a free danish /sweet with it. Just ask for one, nothing posted on board in cafe.

Speciality restaurants are extra, but otherwise don'tworry most things included.

This link gives you whats included and whats not.

http://www.pocruises.com/Help.axd

It does mention a charge for shuttle buses but we have never had to pay for a P&O shuttle.

Gratuities. There is no auto charging except if you opt for freedom dining where you have different table/waiters each night. Otherwise you pay by cash direct to the persons. There is a recommended amount but you may increase or decrease as you think fit.

Smoking has been banned on all inside areas now on Ventura, Oceana and Artemis and will be banned on Aurora, Oriana and Arcadia after completion of world cruise next April. Smoking will be only permitted in designated outside areas and balconies.

You do get free drinks at the Captains Reception and tea/coffee/biscuits are in cabins. Tea/coffee/hot chocolate is available free 24 hrs in self service but charged for in bars and coffee bar but better quality and served in ceramic cups not paper cartons like RCI.

Waiter service restaurants are open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner unlike some US cruiselines, which are only open for breakfast and dinner (RCI). Self service is open 24hrs. Also greasy spoon place near swimming pools for hamburgers, chips, pizzas etc .

Drink prices are comparable to UK pubs so now much cheaper than dollar based ships

Brian

thanks Brian,

I appreciate your help,

Steve

Sorry can't remember individual charges for room service meals etc, the only room service I used was breakfast, you put your order card out the night before (on Ventura you can order breakfast on the interactive tv!) like in hotels. We used room service on port days as it was easier than going down to breakfast and also acted as a wake up call if we had a trip booked.

The launderettes are free, tea and coffee from ss restaurant,but if you want a good coffee -Latte etc they are about a £1 from the cafe (vivo on Arcadia) and you get a free danish /sweet with it. Just ask for one, nothing posted on board in cafe.

Speciality restaurants are extra, but otherwise don'tworry most things included.

I am sure a Latte is more than £1, I would guess at least £1-25p.

I am sure a Latte is more than £1, I would guess at least £1-25p.

I did say ABOUT a £1 and you are guessing £1.25 I'm getting a little fed up with every post I write being pulled apart now, as someone who has been on this site for years (re-registered last year due to computer probs) have never known this site so unfirendly!"

Calm down it wasn't a dig. Have just got back from holiday on Ventura and had more than a few latte's, unfortunally didn't keep the bills so can't be precise. But for the two of us the bill always came over £2 closer to £2- 60. I wouldn't imagine you would get a latte anywhere for £1, its the cost of the extra milk. Starbucks would probaly charge £2-25 a cup, by way of interest Starbucks is named after the first mate in Moby Dick.

I did say ABOUT a £1 and you are guessing £1.25 I'm getting a little fed up with every post I write being pulled apart now, as someone who has been on this site for years (re-registered last year due to computer probs) have never known this site so unfirendly!"

It is a common problem with Stopgo.

One line posts that are usually unhelpful or argumentative.

You also can't have an opinion it seems or that to is ripped apart.

It is a common problem with Stopgo.

One line posts that are usually unhelpful or argumentative.

You also can't have an opinion it seems or that to is ripped apart.

I agree, perhaps StopGo should consider the last 2 letter of her nickname.

I cruise as often as possible and normally am found in steerage, which is ok as are balconies. I did a weekend on Arcadia last year in a stern cabin with balcony and the views were stunning. Downside was as the wind was low or high the soots from the funnel landed on our balcony so we couldn't sit on it. :D It was cold anyway so it didn't matter to us but would on a 21 day summer voyage. Lovely fresh air at night though.

I cruise as often as possible and normally am found in steerage, which is ok as are balconies. I did a weekend on Arcadia last year in a stern cabin with balcony and the views were stunning. Downside was as the wind was low or high the soots from the funnel landed on our balcony so we couldn't sit on it. :D It was cold anyway so it didn't matter to us but would on a 21 day summer voyage. Lovely fresh air at night though.

Thanks for getting us back on topic. I hope to have a balcony on my next cruise, never had one before but they looked so nice on the Ventura. I might forego the flight upgrade and put the cash to the price of a balcony.

Captain pugwash

Have you seen the new balconies being added on Arcadia, ?

Have posted a link to photos live from the shipyard at Bremerhaven .

The balcony cabins on Arcadia are very nice, as was the one we had on Ventura (see, I do like both ships, lol:))

Don't they look smart. We are due on there next Christmas but I think we are in a large interior, unless we get upgraded. Yeah right. I think that all ships have their own charm but I struggle with Ventura, never having set foot on her so it is totally unfair.:rolleyes:

Thanks for getting us back on topic. I hope to have a balcony on my next cruise, never had one before but they looked so nice on the Ventura. I might forego the flight upgrade and put the cash to the price of a balcony.

I have also booked a balcony - mainly because the Oceanviews were booked out.

I have mixed feelings about this.

On the way hand, the Balcony will be fabulous - for so many reasons - fresh air, private sunbathing, private breakfast outside.....

However, I have been told of cases whereby, due to smokers on adjacent Balconies, it had been, not just intolerable to be on the Balcony, but they had to keep their balcony door closed, due to the smoke.

Personally, I prefer to be positive, and I'm looking forward to a wonderful Balcony experience.

Steve

Captain pugwash

Have you seen the new balconies being added on Arcadia, ?

Have posted a link to photos live from the shipyard at Bremerhaven .

The balcony cabins on Arcadia are very nice, as was the one we had on Ventura (see, I do like both ships, lol:))

Hi Sue

Where is the link, I would be interested in looking at photos, as our next cruise is on Arcadia

Karenx

Thanks Captain

TODAY on this link photos of stripping out of cyber room and cinema being fitted!! Its a blog, yesterday or day before showed cabins being added to arcadia just go back a day or so for that!

http://www.jamescusick.co.uk/

Sue, thanks so much. I suppose they will fit wifi throughout the ship so the Internet area is redundant. It is a good log and I am sure I have seen the young man on board before now. Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Archived