Voyager Class Royal Family Suite Question

For anyone who has sailed on the Voyager classes and had one of the aft Royal Family Suites I have a question about the balcony. From the diagrams of the ship it looks like your balcony overlooks part of the ship, is this true? You don't get to look right over to the ocean? Thanks.:)

Kerrie:)

For anyone who has sailed on the Voyager classes and had one of the aft Royal Family Suites I have a question about the balcony. From the diagrams of the ship it looks like your balcony overlooks part of the ship, is this true? You don't get to look right over to the ocean? Thanks.:)

Kerrie:)

We were in RFS 9694 on AOS this past February.

That is a true statement - you don't look straight down to the water. If you drop anything, it will land on your downstairs neighbor's balcony. If you hang wet swimsuits on the railing they will drip on your neighbor's head, so please be courteous!

At the deck 6 level, there is about 20 feet of deck directly outside the "balconies" that I believe is a crew area (never saw anyone there during our week).

That being said, it is a very steep dropoff, and when you're sitting on the lounge chair or at the table, you look out and all you see is ocean.

There are some that have mentioned that the steel superstructure of the ship gets in the way, but I found that I didn't notice it after the first 5 minutes, and if anything it just gave some perspective on the view.

Hope this helps!

You will love the RFS! We just had one on the Mariner last week. We made friends with other people on their balconies. On deck 6 we saw some crew members playing cards. So you do give up some privacy, but it was worth it for the size and we used it to our advantage by making new friends! We were in 9394.

Archived