Ecstacy Nov 1st out of Galveston!

homeschool mom

Just got the official word from my PVP at Carnival. Our Nov 1st Ecstasy has been changed back to Galveston! We are the first out.

Need help now trying to find a hotel on the Island that is not too expensive. I'll be on the phone and internet trying to make reservations.

Any ideas of what is open and taking tourist in 10 days?

This is from Carnival.com:

OCTOBER 22, 2008 – 10:00 AM

We are pleased to announce that the Carnival Ecstasy and Carnival Conquest will return to Galveston effective with the November 1 and November 2, 2008 departures respectively. All future departures will also operate roundtrip from Galveston.

Please note the following cruises will operate roundtrip from Houston’s Bayport Cruise Terminal:

Carnival Ecstasy - October 23 and October 27, 2008

Carnival Conquest – October 26, 2008

We want to recognize the tremendous efforts of the Port of Galveston and all of the local authorities in making our return to Galveston a reality. We appreciate their significant commitment to our guests and travel agent partners in enabling our return to Galveston so quickly.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/Weather_Updates08.aspx?WT.mc_id=Bhmpgnewnotableweather

I feel bad for all the people that booked a hotel room around the Bayport Terminal for their November cruises. I'm actually very surprised that Galveston is ready for cruise traffic, but I hope it boosts the local economy there. I know cruiseloverandagent and her hubby are glad this is their last weekend at the Bayport terminal. And to top it off they get to see their cousin! :D

For the most part, many of the hotels are open, its finding an opening. Most of them are filled with contractors. More and more restaurants are opening everyday. I know things will come along much quicker when the ships are in full swing.

Jeff (txmd2b) and I are very excited to be back working in Galveston. We'll actually be in Bayport on the 2nd to disembark the conquest, so we'll get to see Mr. and Mrs. Silentz twice (BTW- Love ur user name. Took me a while to figure it out). we're very excited to see you guys, it's been almost a year!

Just got the official word from my PVP at Carnival. Our Nov 1st Ecstasy has been changed back to Galveston! We are the first out.

Need help now trying to find a hotel on the Island that is not too expensive. I'll be on the phone and internet trying to make reservations.

Any ideas of what is open and taking tourist in 10 days?

Hi Pamela! Great to see you have another cruise booked! We hope you have a wonderful time. It was great visiting with you on the shuttle bus if only for a short time following our Conquest cruise. Hope the family is doing well! Stay in touch! My e-mail is at the bottom of my page...would love to hear from you! :)

I feel bad for all the people that booked a hotel room around the Bayport Terminal for their November cruises. I'm actually very surprised that Galveston is ready for cruise traffic, but I hope it boosts the local economy there. I know cruiseloverandagent and her hubby are glad this is their last weekend at the Bayport terminal. And to top it off they get to see their cousin! :D

We always have stayed in Clear Lake for the cruises out of Galveston. It is not that far, the hotels tend to be a bit cheaper and the food is better. Add to that no tourists and it is an ideal area to stay. It is not that far to Galveston. Either port would be fine with us.

For the most part, many of the hotels are open, its finding an opening. Most of them are filled with contractors. More and more restaurants are opening everyday. I know things will come along much quicker when the ships are in full swing.

Jeff (txmd2b) and I are very excited to be back working in Galveston. We'll actually be in Bayport on the 2nd to disembark the conquest, so we'll get to see Mr. and Mrs. Silentz twice (BTW- Love ur user name. Took me a while to figure it out). we're very excited to see you guys, it's been almost a year!

I was on RCCL site and seen this looking for you! Titled Galveston, cruiseloverandagent need your help

We need some help on my thread which is the Voyager Transatlantic due back to Galveston on December 14.

A number of people are trying to find whether there is a Hertz office open at the port to hire cars. It seems to me I read that the office is closed. Can you tell us whether anything is open for those arriving who want to hire a vehicle.

Thanks for all your help in the past, and hope to be talking to you soon when the VY comes back to us.

I was on RCCL site and seen this looking for you! Titled Galveston, cruiseloverandagent need your help

i'M ON VOYAGER TO ARRIVE IN GALVESTON (WE HOPE!) ON DEC. 14TH. and had previously (to Ike) reserved a car to get home to Baton Rouge La. I can't find anyone who will advise info - but it was rumored that Hertz was sending cars to those of us that were reserved prior to Ike - Since I come from Katrina and Gustov places, I know rumors are sometimes just that -

If anyone knows of a contact person who can answere this PLEASE!!!! let us know -

thanks so much folks! Suzy

i'M ON VOYAGER TO ARRIVE IN GALVESTON (WE HOPE!) ON DEC. 14TH. and had previously (to Ike) reserved a car to get home to Baton Rouge La. I can't find anyone who will advise info - but it was rumored that Hertz was sending cars to those of us that were reserved prior to Ike - Since I come from Katrina and Gustov places, I know rumors are sometimes just that -

If anyone knows of a contact person who can answere this PLEASE!!!! let us know -

thanks so much folks! Suzy

We also have a pre-Ike reservation for the return of the Voyager on Dec 14th. I haven't gotten anyone at Hertz to tell me anything other than it is 'temporarily' closed. If you hear more please post.

thanks,

barb

Archived