Tubing Question RCCL

birthdaysurprise

We did the river tubing in Ocho Rios... we booked through the cruise ship... and they used Chukka Cove.

They were great..... the guides were awesome... we felt very safe (yes they give you life jackets). DH and I are seniors...

The guides made us feel very safe... and helped us if anybody got stuck.... and they were very funny... telling jokes and singing songs.

It was my favourite excursion ever!!

After the trip, we walked around the shops in Ocho Rios.... again we felt very safe... we were approached a couple of times for taxis and hair-braiding.... nobody was aggressive or threatening!!

We had a lot of fun!!!

We booked this tour on our own (check out private tour guides on the port of call forum) we loved it and felt safe. The only thing I recommend is don't jump at the cliff. My teenage boys did it and both said they hit their rear ends on the rocks. (they actually didn't say "rear ends".....they used another word). Broken backs and vacations aren't a very good combination:eek: . Be prepared you will be offered drug in Jamica, just say a quick No Thank You;) . Have a great Vacation.

Just wondering about the tubing excursion though the ship. Do you have to wear life jackets? For some reason I feel the negative press on Jamaica is making me feel I need to book through the cruise ship for this excursion. (we usually book independently) Any thoughts? Thanks

We always use Trevor Hudlin (cooltrev@yahoo.com) as a guide. He has acted as a guide for MANY of our friends and we all LOVE him! We go back to Jamaica just because of Trevor! Tubing the White River is one of our favorite things to do....

HI,

We just did the the white river tubing with Marva Shaw we had here son for a guide and he gave us personal attention not like the ships tours that are usally very crowded. I enjoyed the tubing it was fun fun... I didn't wear a life jacket the river isn't very deep just alot of rocks:D

Dilma

Archived