Those Just Off Ships In The Last 30 Days!!!!!!

mikeblum

only to those who are just off ships in the last 30 days...any good deals on BAILEY'S from the liquior store on board...last yr when we were on the ADVENTURE if you pruchased 2 one liter bottle's for 35.00 you got a smaller one for free...which was an ok deal...the one in st thomas is the best one i have seen in a while...2 one ltr bottle for 30.00...now that's a deal...

only to those who are just off ships in the last 30 days...any good deals on BAILEY'S from the liquior store on board...last yr when we were on the ADVENTURE if you pruchased 2 one liter bottle's for 35.00 you got a smaller one for free...which was an ok deal...the one in st thomas is the best one i have seen in a while...2 one ltr bottle for 30.00...now that's a deal...

Mike:

I'm just off Mariner and bought a bottle of Bailey's from the Liquor store on board. There was no deal like that, ( I wish) however, not remembering specifically how much I paid, I know it was cheaper than I would've paid at home.

tralynn222 thanks for the feedback, WE WILL ALSO BE ON THE MARINER THIS COMING MARCH...THE 15TH DOING THE MEXICAN RIVIERA OUT OF LOS ANGELES... sorryt o hear that there were no deals on Bailey's...i'm not sure if any of the 3 ports of call have good deals on booze...cabo san lucas...purto villarta and mazatlan...anybody have feeback on any of those 3 ports...

We were on the Navigator and saw really good deals on scotch. Hubby is a scotch drinker and we were tempted to buy some. The problem was that we had a stop in Amsterdam on our way home. That meant it would have to be packed in our checked bags. No way that was going to work, so he didn't get it.

2P.P1

when you purchase booze from the duty free shops at the airport (outside the country) your allowed to bring it back into the country and you should be allowed to bring it on the plane...any good deals on that...i'm not sure if purto rico would count...

If you're not going until next March what difference does it make if it's from the last 30 days? Any time-sensitive deals are likely to change well before then.

when you purchase booze from the duty free shops at the airport (outside the country) your allowed to bring it back into the country and you should be allowed to bring it on the plane...any good deals on that...i'm not sure if purto rico would count...

We were warned that even buying it from Duty Free that it would be confiscated from our carry-on when we made our connection in Amsterdam where we had to go through passport control and have everything scanned again.

2P.P1

I think I saw Bailey's on ship for like 2/33, or maybe 36. St Maarteen usually has the best liquor prices. If you look at some of the stores down the alleys off the main street you will find the best pricing. Prices there are usually $3-$5 under ship prices. The airport in SJ had a deal in the Duty Free shop on Stoly for 10.95 per liter buy 2 get one free, and you can bring it on the plane since it is past security. there were some others as well, but the duty free shop does not have a big selection. If you are flying in, check it out before picking up your luggage, then but it on your way back home.

We just got off Independence last week.

We weren't specifically looking at Baileys, but there were quite a few offers on for 2 bottles of spirits for 'X' amount. We bought the Glayva at 2 for $40 - a bargain!!! It was the big bottle!!!! 2 1L of Smirnoff Red were 2 for $28, which again, is a bargain! Whisky's were reasonable, 12 year old Talisker was $47 if I remember. A few pounds cheaper than here.

IMHO, the prices on the ship were better value than in the ports (canary islands) - same with perfumes etc.

Hope this helps!

Judi :( (at not being onboard still!)

Archived