Holiday Chair Hogs

When our group of nine got on the ship we all planned to meet on the "back deck"..aft? Anyway, I was asked to save some chairs and I said "No can do". It wasn't a problem though as all nine of us were able to get chairs together the first sea day. I'm up early sipping coffee on the Lido and I was so proud and happy to see no chair hogs in site. Alas, I spoke too soon. Our last sea day, the wind was REALLY rough. We couldn't stay on the AFT deck it was so windy. So, we moved to the Lido and there they were. It was about 9:30 am and most of the chairs in the sunshine were covered with towels. I was so disappointed. We managed to find other chairs though. Really, should I have removed the towels? I explained to one of my friends about "chair hogs" and how it wasn't allowed but that Carnival didn't enforce it. Sooo, we could remove the towels but then we'd have a big ole incident when the CH's returned. So, what would yall have done??

Chair Hogs are just a problem on any ship it seems... and it is frustrating... I just move on and try to find another location rather than stir the issue up ! It is not fair and CCL and other cruiselines should enforce the policy, but then again, they don;t want to lose the future revenue by pissing a passenger off ... :eek:

Despite Chair Hogs... seems like everyone is still cruising anyway ! :cool:

Chair Hogs are just a problem on any ship it seems... and it is frustrating... I just move on and try to find another location rather than stir the issue up ! It is not fair and CCL and other cruiselines should enforce the policy, but then again, they don;t want to lose the future revenue by pissing a passenger off ... :eek:

Despite Chair Hogs... seems like everyone is still cruising anyway ! :cool:

I agree, but I did kinda feel I was lettin' my fellow CCers down!:o

Oh, Oh I know, we can just invent a device that senses weight, if no ones been on the chair in say 45 minutes then whoosh off goes your stuff to the ground below:D Think they'd buy it? :::::::::::running to patent the chairhoggers nemesis:::::::::::::::::

Cheers , Carole (with too much time on her hands)

I know what you mean, it can be maddening! Now I have been known in years past to move people's stuff if they don't come back for a little bit. just wrap it up in the towel and put it about 10 spots down. Then you just play dumb if they come looking for their stuff. Say this chair was open when I got here...Sorry!

I know what you mean, it can be maddening! Now I have been known in years past to move people's stuff if they don't come back for a little bit. just wrap it up in the towel and put it about 10 spots down. Then you just play dumb if they come looking for their stuff. Say this chair was open when I got here...Sorry!

That thought occurred to me! But, you know, you're still gonna have some "yah yahing" to contend with! And, I was afraid someone would tell on me then we'd have a big ole brouhaha! Course, two of my girl's are Black belts....:D

That thought occurred to me! But, you know, you're still gonna have some "yah yahing" to contend with! And, I was afraid someone would tell on me then we'd have a big ole brouhaha! Course, two of my girl's are Black belts....:D

hahaha Put a butt whippin' on them right there on the Lido!!!

Oh, Oh I know, we can just invent a device that senses weight, if no ones been on the chair in say 45 minutes then whoosh off goes your stuff to the ground below:D Think they'd buy it? :::::::::::running to patent the chairhoggers nemesis:::::::::::::::::

Cheers , Carole (with too much time on her hands)

Hey.....that is BRILLIANT!!! And a much better idea than the "this chair is taken" towels I saw spoken of in earlier threads!!! I would definitely buy one of these!!! LOL!

How was the Holiday, other than the chair hogs? I am planning to be on the Holiday the week of Mardi Gras (Feb. 22) with DH & the kiddos. This will be 2nd cruise for DH & me, 1st for the kids. I have read good & bad about the Holiday. For the price, on a school holiday week (for us) we are going to give it a whirl!;)

Honestly, if there was nine of you, and no on in sight on these chairs for awhile, I would have moved their stuff. Are 2 people really going to argue with 9 people? Not that I encourage intimidation, but half the reason I don't move items when I'd like to is because I'd prefer to avoid the confrontation.

Now, I should start cruising with more than just my family, lol.

How was the Holiday, other than the chair hogs? I am planning to be on the Holiday the week of Mardi Gras (Feb. 22) with DH & the kiddos. This will be 2nd cruise for DH & me, 1st for the kids. I have read good & bad about the Holiday. For the price, on a school holiday week (for us) we are going to give it a whirl!;)

I did a review yesterday, it's here somewhere!

Honestly, if there was nine of you, and no on in sight on these chairs for awhile, I would have moved their stuff. Are 2 people really going to argue with 9 people? Not that I encourage intimidation, but half the reason I don't move items when I'd like to is because I'd prefer to avoid the confrontation.

Now, I should start cruising with more than just my family, lol.

Well, it was like whole rows of "saved" chairs. Just a towel. No oranges, though. And, I really didn't want to stand there and time it, ya know?

I do the same thing - I think its ridiculous that people do that. it spoils other peoples vacation.

This happened when we were in Maui. At 8:00 am every shair by the pool had a towel on it. So me and my brother went back around 10:00 and any empty one was fair game.

So, if this happens on the ship, I guess I will either go back later or just not worry about it. I might grump about it on here afterward, but I will be on vacation then.

:D

It's probably a tired old subject around here so I apologize in advance...

A similar issue I found was finally finding a spot that would fit a lounger if you put a new one down and the people already there would just move a little over (I'm talking plenty of room to do so). But, my obvious struggles to position my chair in a decent direction are just ignored and I end up facing the wall or something. What ever happened to helping your fellow man in times of crisis!? :D

It is a pain but it's not going to spoil my vacation. I may have to give up the book as trying to read it on the windy upper pool area is frustrating to say the least. Oh, and I can't tell you how many drink umbrellas went flying aft, lol.

When our group of nine got on the ship we all planned to meet on the "back deck"..aft? Anyway, I was asked to save some chairs and I said "No can do". It wasn't a problem though as all nine of us were able to get chairs together the first sea day. I'm up early sipping coffee on the Lido and I was so proud and happy to see no chair hogs in site. Alas, I spoke too soon. Our last sea day, the wind was REALLY rough. We couldn't stay on the AFT deck it was so windy. So, we moved to the Lido and there they were. It was about 9:30 am and most of the chairs in the sunshine were covered with towels. I was so disappointed. We managed to find other chairs though. Really, should I have removed the towels? I explained to one of my friends about "chair hogs" and how it wasn't allowed but that Carnival didn't enforce it. Sooo, we could remove the towels but then we'd have a big ole incident when the CH's returned. So, what would yall have done??

This may sound a little strange, but I look at the shoes. If the shoes on/under the chair being hogged are smaller than a men's 12, I'll move the stuff to another location. If however it's a size 15 steel toe or some such thing, I carry on looking for an un hogged chair.

This may sound a little strange, but I look at the shoes. If the shoes on/under the chair being hogged are smaller than a men's 12, I'll move the stuff to another location. If however it's a size 15 steel toe or some such thing, I carry on looking for an un hogged chair.

No shoes, just towels!:mad:

LOL! Avoid the steel toe boot wearer.

Someone saved a chair with a Croc once....I took the Croc and set it on someone elses chair that just had a book on it and then I proceeded to take a nap. 2 hours later....nobody came by for the Croc.

Well, it was like whole rows of "saved" chairs. Just a towel. No oranges, though. And, I really didn't want to stand there and time it, ya know?

Don't have to stand there and time it - find a location higher up or within sight, and move after you haven't seen anyone there for awhile.

Or, pick another location, and head back that way for some snacks in a bit. If the items are in the exact same spot, I'm willing to bet no one's been there for awhile. :)

Don't have to stand there and time it - find a location higher up or within sight, and move after you haven't seen anyone there for awhile.

Or, pick another location, and head back that way for some snacks in a bit. If the items are in the exact same spot, I'm willing to bet no one's been there for awhile. :)

Hi Riz

If you hear any rumors on our upcoming cruise that someone has been pranking the chair hogs - don't tell them which way we went!

Archived