Just back from the Winspirit

Capt. Mike

Istanbul to Athens, our 4th cruise on the Spirit. Sweet as always. No complaints at all, food better than ever. Beautuful weather, great friends and wonderful ports. I may write a review but quite busy at work now, but will try and answer any questions.

:D Great to get the positive news re: the Spirit. Will be doing the Crossing from Lisbon to St. T. on Nov.8 for the 10th time. we have never had a bad experience with Windstar and look forward to the trip.

Are there any surprises that we can look forward too?

in Lisbon the day you get on, Aliceind. I leave for Barcelona one week from today -- can't wait!

I was astounded yesterday to read a totally terrible review of Wind Spirit's Caribbean itinerary, in the Cruise Critic ship review section. I can't understand how anyone could have taken that cruise and disliked it so much that it resulted in their writing such a piece. Our experience on Wind Spirit on that same itinerary in January 2008 was idyllic, as was Costa Rica on Wind Star in January 2007.

Capt. Mike, I hope you will find time to write a review of your fine trip to help offset that sour one. I plan to do so when I return from Europe, and later today will try to find time to submit a review of our wonderful time on Wind Spirit out of St. Thomas in January 2008 (better late than never).

I will write a review as soon as I get caught up at work. We have done the Windspirit St Thomas trip 3 times and never, ever had a problem of any kind. People who right negative views probably have a sour life to boot. I admit you have to have a laid back attitude to enjoy these trips or any trip. When I was young I was very critical over little things but as I became a senior citizen I realized how precious every minute of my life is and no longer sweat the small stuff. When the market tanked while we were gone I put it out of my mind even though on paper I lost a large sum but I did not sell anything and really did not lose a penny.

We are planning to catch the Spirit when she returns to the Med next spring and do the run from Spain to Italy or something similar

Oh one of the neat things is that we met up with the Windstar in the Greek Isles and when we sailed that evening with all the sails out we circled the Windstar and bid her goodby as she is starting her trek back to Costa Rica and they probably won't see each other until next summer. The attached photo is the Windstar as we rounded her and sailed off.

God bless everyone and be sure to vote.

IMG_2581.jpg.0d1cdbab9f70ed10612513a5b83309d0.jpg

Istanbul was neat, a lot more European than we expected, people were friendly and the places we went were clean. Taxi drivers are insane and the predestrians are sucidial but I did not see anyone get run over. The Grand Bazar was hoot, if you can not find something there, you don't need it. We booked a private tour for the six of us and that was excellent. We stayed at the Four Seasons, and that hotel is in the top 10 of European hotels for a reason. I would go back since we just did not see even see a tiny bit of the city in 2 1/2 days.

Archived