cave tubing with major tom?

joy seas

I am also going first week in Feb,2009 on the Pearl.Here is the web site for Major Tom we are also thinking of reserving with them.

Jeff

what is major tom's website???? spell it out then its not against the rules

like------.com

thanks

Wanted to let you know that Major Tom and his crew are the absolute best! We were the first to arrive at the zip lines, Way before the cruise ship tours. We did the cave tubing, felt very safe and were back to the port in plenty of time. They do lock up your stuffin the vans, so bring a change of clothes for sure and do not worry about your stuff while doing the excursion!

It was totally awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
Major Tom does not make you pay up front and would never host a tour if water levels were dangerously high....

That is true, safety is a very high priority. If the water level was just a foot higher it would have made the tour better. They cannot controll the water level. They said that it was the lowest they had in a long time. The caves are very interesting. I would consider doing it again if the water level was higher and we could do 2-3 caves.

We just returned from Belize and cave tubing with Major Tom. I must say, it was the highlight of our cruise. Major Tom and his staff were wonderful and made the experience even more enjoyable. I give two thumbs up for MIKEY. He took very good care of my family.

Major Tom has always followed very strict safety guidelines. They require their individuals to wear life perservers when in the caves. They have one guide per 7 people. The equipment is in excellent condition. They explain what is expected from the very beginning. And they have the tubers connected throughout the most dangerous parts of the tubing (which truly was not much).

My family thoroughly enjoyed this tour! My mother who is not much of a swimmer and is later in years, was very comfortable and had such a good time. She wants to do it again next year.

WE highly recommend this tour company. If you are reading this Major Tom...Thanks for a great tour Dec 19th. We appreciate you and your staff! The Vaughan Family!

• 1 month later...

I am working on my cruise review and thought I would post about our good experience with MT tubing/ziplining.

We booked with Major Tom’s. Very easy to find them when we got off the ship. We were in line early for the tender tickets, just get there early and you can be on one of the first tenders to make sure you get to Major Tom right away (we were on NCL Pearl - the tickets were passed out by Le Bistro on our trip. I went down to get them). The ship would not let us use our email from Major Tom as a tender ticket.

This port was probably my favorite on our trip, just edging out Roatan. Mike was our tour guide. He was friendly, eclectic, interesting, energetic. Also had some other reps on our bus ride out to the Jungle Paw resort, where the tubing is located. There was a stop about halfway at a grocery store, where they got everyone bottled water. We loved the tubing experience. We know we will probably never be able to do something like that again. The water was “refreshing!” I’d recommend good shoes for the walk to the tubing that you can get wet, like Keen’s or Tevas. I was glad we had these. I wore some running shorts over my suit too for the hike. The caves were unique and they took good care of us. I heard one gal on the excursion say she couldn’t swim, and they took good care of her too. MT’s operation is extremely safety conscious in my opinion and they deliver an enjoyable time.

After our tubing, we broke off from the rest of the group since we had also booked the zipline part of the tour. Again, it was like a private tour. We went with one other man who came from a resort for the day with MT and decided to add the zipline to his experience, and with one of MT’s other guides. It was a fun zipline and we had it all to ourselves. No long lines. The rappel at the end was very fun. Because we booked with MT, we could do both the zipline and the tubing and get back to the ship in plenty of time. I think we paid less than those who booked with the ship and only did one or the other. The attention we got during the cave tubing was much better than we saw the ship tours getting. We rode back in the van with Major Tom and some of his guides. He talked a little bit about his life and experiences. He seems like an amazing person and I enjoyed hearing about his philosophies. He is very proud of his country and he took care to ensure that the people on his tour had a good experience.

Hi - I've booked our cave tubing tour with major tom, then the horrible drowning of the poor woman on the carnival tour happened. Has any one been since? Wondering if additional saftey measures are being observed?

Does any one know if january is a rainy season? I know some times accidents happen, but it's making me wonder about the wisdom of taking this tour:confused: My heart goes out to the family .....

We were with Major Tom last month. They were rains in Belize and the ship cancelled it's cave tubing but not Major Tom. He takes you to the Crystal Cave which are fed by underground springs. It was beautiful. The guides are excellent. You wear headlights and life jackets. You are a group of eight with your guide and you hook up together. I asked about the woman that drowned and it sounded like simple safety measures were not followed. It is unfortunate and very sad but anytime you undertake any outdoor adventure, even hiking, there are dangers. (You may want to google deaths/accidents ziplining and parasailing.)

I felt VERY safe with Major Tom's guides and would use them again if I ever return. I would hope that next time there would be no rain so we could see the other caves.

We did stop at Cheers for the Belizean lunch. It is 6 bucks now and worth ever penny.

Is major tom the same as the ad on this site that says cavetubingdotcom?

I wonder if there are 2 major toms? some describe him as small, but strong, other as tall. some say no more then 6 per guide,,,some 7 per guide...some 8 per guide??

How long are you gone for this tour?

sounds like fun tho

We just got back from a fabulous adventure with Major Tom. He's a tall, strong guy, very pleasant. We met him on the dock, he gathered us together, made sure everyone was there, then split us into groups to get in the vans for the ride to the caves. Ride took 45min, maybe. It went fast because George and Mark told us all about Belize the entire time, very interesting. We made a pit stop for snacks and drinks. Either buy or bring some bottled water and snacks with you, it is a long time until lunch! Once at the caves, we lotioned up, locked up our stuff, got our tubes, headlights, life vests, and off we went on our trek. There were only 7 of us with 2 guides, it was great. Some folks from our van ride were off ziplining with other guides, we met up with them later. The trek might have taken 40 min or so, but just like the van ride, it went fast because George and Mark told us all about the forest. Yup, we ate termites and various plants, it was all fun. My kids loved it (12 and 9). Once we got to the drop in point, we had to wait a bit because some huge group was in front of us (not sure who they were but one poor soul fell out of his tube and it took 4 men to get him back in it). I have to say I am glad that Mj Tom's outfit has you hook armpits to feet (there were 4 of us hooked together - just our family so it was great) because I wouldn't want to be floating around in the dark caves by myself. George, our guide, had to "rescue" 3 or so people along the way because their group let them float aimlessly. Don't get that AT ALL. And some of them weren't even wearing life vests. Good God, they've got to be kidding. We had a blast. It was a little chilly being wet and in a dark place, so wear a rash guard if you have one. We did pit stop along the way for some sun on the rocks(everyone was happy with that) and that is when we met up with the zipliners. Then off for more cave adventures, the whole thing was fabulous. Kudos to George, Mark, Mj Tom, and big Mark for a wonderful time!

Once back at the van, we were psyched we brought a complete change of clothes so that we could wear dry clothing back to the ship. Your stuff will be safe in the van, we never worried about our things nor did we worry about time. We stopped for lunch shortly after leaving the caves - the best lunch I've had in a long time!!! Just fabulous chicken, rice, beans. My kids inhaled it, it was so good. Also delicious lemonade. Don't pass it up, definitely go for it, you won't regret it. After lunch, back to the port. We got there around 3:30, last tender was posted as 4:15 but there were a few more after that. A few shops at the port but nothing special.

All in all I would recommend Major Tom's outfit anyday. If you go, say hello to George and little Mark for us!

you can google "major tom belize" and it will come up or you can go to cave dash tubing dot net and you'll find him no problem. Have a blast, it is so worth it to be with a group of safety minded, happy people! And definitely sign up for the incredible lunch!!

We just got back from a fabulous adventure with Major Tom. He's a tall' date=' strong guy, very pleasant. We met him on the dock, he gathered us together, made sure everyone was there, then split us into groups to get in the vans for the ride to the caves. Ride took 45min, maybe. It went fast because George and Mark told us all about Belize the entire time, very interesting. We made a pit stop for snacks and drinks. Either buy or bring some bottled water and snacks with you, it is a long time until lunch! Once at the caves, we lotioned up, locked up our stuff, got our tubes, headlights, life vests, and off we went on our trek. There were only 7 of us with 2 guides, it was great. Some folks from our van ride were off ziplining with other guides, we met up with them later. The trek might have taken 40 min or so, but just like the van ride, it went fast because George and Mark told us all about the forest. Yup, we ate termites and various plants, it was all fun. My kids loved it (12 and 9). Once we got to the drop in point, we had to wait a bit because some huge group was in front of us (not sure who they were but one poor soul fell out of his tube and it took 4 men to get him back in it). I have to say I am glad that Mj Tom's outfit has you hook armpits to feet (there were 4 of us hooked together - just our family so it was great) because I wouldn't want to be floating around in the dark caves by myself. George, our guide, had to "rescue" 3 or so people along the way because their group let them float aimlessly. Don't get that AT ALL. And some of them weren't even wearing life vests. Good God, they've got to be kidding. We had a blast. It was a little chilly being wet and in a dark place, so wear a rash guard if you have one. We did pit stop along the way for some sun on the rocks(everyone was happy with that) and that is when we met up with the zipliners. Then off for more cave adventures, the whole thing was fabulous. Kudos to George, Mark, Mj Tom, and big Mark for a wonderful time!

Once back at the van, we were psyched we brought a complete change of clothes so that we could wear dry clothing back to the ship. Your stuff will be safe in the van, we never worried about our things nor did we worry about time. We stopped for lunch shortly after leaving the caves - the best lunch I've had in a long time!!! Just fabulous chicken, rice, beans. My kids inhaled it, it was so good. Also delicious lemonade. Don't pass it up, definitely go for it, you won't regret it. After lunch, back to the port. We got there around 3:30, last tender was posted as 4:15 but there were a few more after that. A few shops at the port but nothing special.

All in all I would recommend Major Tom's outfit anyday. If you go, say hello to George and little Mark for us![/quote']

Thank you so much for letting us know what to expect. I am booked with him for next week, just from the emails I have gotten from him he seems really nice. Can't wait to experience it!

My husband and i are going to belize in april and are trying to book cave tubing with major tom. Can you give me his e-mail. I can't seem to find it anywhere. I keep getting masters of the cave.

bruto1@optonline.net

Here is his website:

http://*********************/Cave-tubing-AboutUs.aspx

edit:

Not sure why I can't post the web address. Add b e l i z e c a v e t u b i n g dot n e t where the **** are.

Archived