Suites & anytime dining

jane02

I am still trying to get a hang of this anytime dining thing!:confused: This is the first Princess cruise that I have been on that offer this.

We have an OS and on the Princess website it states that one of the perks of having a suite means that you can makes reservations for anytime dining. Does this mean you can do this as a permanent time of 7pm for example? We are travelling with 5 other family members and are the only ones with a suite. Will this enable us to book a table of 7 for each night?

Sorry for the long winded thread - our TA has booked us for traditional dining (early sitting) but if this anytime dining is a better option then I might go for it.

Thanks

Hello!! We had an OS last Sept on the CB. You will LOVE it-is is a fabulous suite! The balcony is awesome! Our experience was yes, on your first night at Anytime Dining, you can make reservations for your party at the same time every night. Hopefully, dining arrangements still work like this. Have a great cruise!!

I am still trying to get a hang of this anytime dining thing!:confused: This is the first Princess cruise that I have been on that offer this.

We have an OS and on the Princess website it states that one of the perks of having a suite means that you can makes reservations for anytime dining. Does this mean you can do this as a permanent time of 7pm for example? We are travelling with 5 other family members and are the only ones with a suite. Will this enable us to book a table of 7 for each night?

Sorry for the long winded thread - our TA has booked us for traditional dining (early sitting) but if this anytime dining is a better option then I might go for it.

Thanks

I am pretty sure that the dining reservation preference in anytime for suite passengers is just that, for the suite passengers only. This doesn't mean you might not be able to make a reservation for your entire party, but there is a chance they won't allow it. Suite privledges are not extended to the entire traveling party, just those in the actual suite themselves.

Personally, to avoid problems, I would stick with assigned dining.

The Early Traditional has a "fixed" time of 6:15pm. Anytime can be at 6:15 pm or 7pm or anytime one chooses.

How would a permanent reservation at 7 pm be that much different that early sitting traditional? The menu is the same no matter Traditional or Anytime...

You can try and get a set time in Anytime or do Traditional to be sure that you get the same table at the same time for your party. Its been our experience that being in a suite doesn't always guarantee you will get what you want in Anytime.

You may find there is a problem with getting a reservation at 7:00 in anytime dining, even if you are in a suite. They usually won't make reservations for anyone at that time. They prefer to make them during the first 15-30 minutes the dining room is open, and then at a later time when the figure tables will be clearing. To hold a table in anytime dining for an hour or so would cause all kinds of complaints from passengers who can see there is a table but they aren't allowed to sit at it. If you are willing to take a table shortly after the dining room opens, you shouldn't have any problems. We never have when staying in a suite.

We have an OS and on the Princess website it states that one of the perks of having a suite means that you can makes reservations for anytime dining.

Does this mean you can do this as a permanent time of 7pm for example?

Yes!

We are travelling with 5 other family members and are the only ones with a suite.

Will this enable us to book a table of 7 for each night?

Yes!

Sorry for the long winded thread - our TA has booked us for traditional dining (early sitting) but if this anytime dining is a better option then I might go for it.Thanks

If you chose traditional dining, you may change to the Personal Choice program during the course of your cruise. But you cannot flip back and forth between the two programs.

Anytime diners can reserve a table in advance by calling a Dining Number during the day, or you can just appear when you decide to eat.

It's best to make reservations--then you can bypass the line and go directly to the maitre d' to be seated. If you especially like your waiter, you can reserve the same table for each night of the cruise.

If you are unhappy with your option of dining, visit the Maitre d’ soon after boarding the ship. They will do their best to meet your requests and ensure that you have a pleasant dining experience.

Archived