Brisbane CC Christmas Party

gizzigoo

Good on you Glenda! :)

Are you doing the whole cruise, or just a segment of it?

I wish I could book at short notice like that and take off cruising!!

After re-reading your post it sounds like your doing the 4 day Bris_ Melbourne leg.Is that right? :confused:

I saw great prices for this shortly after I booked Sun Princess but doubted we could get more time off work. :(

I am not trying to throw a spanner is the works here, just another point we may all wish to discuss.

Is it so important we hold this event in December?

I have been trying to help with quotes, ideas, prices and availability and that time of year really makes things more difficult. It is also a period where most people will have other functions to attend, for work, social and family. Personally, I am usually "partied out" way before Christmas as there is just so much on.

Holding it in January or even February would be less busy and easier to get a preferred booking. Another plus would be that more people may be able to attend.

Just a thought.

Greg

Hi guys! I too may have to back out of co-organising the event as I too am going on the 4 nighter from bne to mel with Glenda. Well I've been wait listed at least (could have had it on guarantee last night if I hadn't had to twist mrminx's arm first :( - but that's another story) But I have faith that I'll get the call to say I'm in :). Perhaps we should look at doing it another time? Whatever the majority wants to do I'm happy with.

Good on you Glenda! :)

Are you doing the whole cruise, or just a segment of it?

I wish I could book at short notice like that and take off cruising!!

After re-reading your post it sounds like your doing the 4 day Bris_ Melbourne leg.Is that right? :confused:

I saw great prices for this shortly after I booked Sun Princess but doubted we could get more time off work. :(

HI Vicki,

This was the offer I have been waiting for, been a lot of juggling but have it all figured now! Very excited.

Yes it is the Brissy Melb section and I am traveling with my sister so it should be a very nice indulgence.

You go soon too, what is the date of your cruise on the SP?

Hi guys! I too may have to back out of co-organising the event as I too am going on the 4 nighter from bne to mel with Glenda. Well I've been wait listed at least (could have had it on guarantee last night if I hadn't had to twist mrminx's arm first :( - but that's another story) But I have faith that I'll get the call to say I'm in :). Perhaps we should look at doing it another time? Whatever the majority wants to do I'm happy with.

If there was enough room then maybe we could all go on this cruise to Melbourne and make that the party. :D

Seriously though, I am leaning more and more to holding this function at another time, so that is my vote.

Greg

If there was enough room then maybe we could all go on this cruise to Melbourne and make that the party. :D

Seriously though, I am leaning more and more to holding this function at another time, so that is my vote.

Greg

Sounds good to me Greg, a ship load of Brisbane CCers off to have a Christmas get together with the Melbourne CCers!

I do know that Jo and I will be at Portside on Saturday the 29th November, perhaps we could have it then before boarding! Although Boarding starts at around 10:30 am lately for a 2pm sail away.

Hi Glenda

3 weeks today Il be sailing out of Sydney Harbour :D

Cant wait. It had better be a nice day!!!

Checked my emails before and had another GREAT deal for your cruise!

I cant believe how cheap it was! I hope you got that deal!!!

Hi Vicki,

Just count on a fantastic day and somehow you will get it! And that iconic sailaway out of Sydney Harbour is so exciting!

This was the best ever price I have seen, I was in shock, about half of a 2 day cruise price! But I didn't see it this low on any of the newsletters, Bianca told me about it.

I do know that Jo and I will be at Portside on Saturday the 29th November, perhaps we could have it then before boarding! Although Boarding starts at around 10:30 am lately for a 2pm sail away.

Glenda, if you think for one minute that we have any intention of going to Portside early on that morning with you and the Minxs' in full-on cruise mode, you have another thing coming! :D Jealousy is a curse of course.

A function in January or February is sounding better and better to me.

How about we just have a get together on Jan 24th, after the lunch and tour. It sounds like alot of us will be there anyway. Drinks and nibblies at a bar at Portside. Makes it easy and simple.i DONT KNOW THE NAME OF THE place, but I have had a champers or 2 a few times at the bar underneath the viewing deck. Very nice :)

Hi Glenda,

You forgetting the easiest solution, we all just go to your daughter wedding since you have it all organized and you will be there LOL. Hope all goes well for her and she has a perfect day to start a perfect marriage live.:p

Hope you sent Mr & Mrs dobbie a invite......

Wish I was good friends with Bianca and she told me about the deal. maybe you could email me and I could hope on that waitlist. Bet its looooonggg..

Kelly

Hi Glenda,

You forgetting the easiest solution, we all just go to your daughter wedding since you have it all organized and you will be there LOL. Hope all goes well for her and she has a perfect day to start a perfect marriage live.:p

Hope you sent Mr & Mrs dobbie a invite......

Wish I was good friends with Bianca and she told me about the deal. maybe you could email me and I could hope on that waitlist. Bet its looooonggg..

Kelly

Sounds good to me Kelly, whats a few more people when you have 100 already!

Sadly Mr and Mrs Dobbie couldn't make it to the lowly wedding, they are really not wedding types, and world travel is more their style. Worth hopping on the waitlist, you just never know!

How about we just have a get together on Jan 24th, after the lunch and tour. It sounds like alot of us will be there anyway. Drinks and nibblies at a bar at Portside. Makes it easy and simple.i DONT KNOW THE NAME OF THE place, but I have had a champers or 2 a few times at the bar underneath the viewing deck. Very nice :)

I agree Vicki, that is a great idea, we will all be together and the few that aren't can just meet us after the lunch!

Glenda, if you think for one minute that we have any intention of going to Portside early on that morning with you and the Minxs' in full-on cruise mode, you have another thing coming! :D Jealousy is a curse of course.

A function in January or February is sounding better and better to me.

So Greg, you're not going to meet us portside at 8am, of very sad! We will be very jovial and bubbly people that day!

Looks like it will be after lunch then on the 24th, hope everyone has booked their place onboard for lunch!

Hi guys,

The 24th is the day of my wedding so we wont be able to attend.

Jodie

We'll be thinking of you Jodie!! :D

I think this sounds like the best solution. A lot of us will already be there and we can hang around to wave off Skyrules & Riffraff :)

We'll be thinking of you Jodie!! :D

I think this sounds like the best solution. A lot of us will already be there and we can hang around to wave off Skyrules & Riffraff :)

And we can be there as well. Everyone can teach us how to behave as locals do...:D :D

[quote name='staceymrow']How about we just have a get together on Jan 24th, after the lunch and tour. It sounds like alot of us will be there anyway. Drinks and nibblies at a bar at Portside. Makes it easy and simple.i DONT KNOW THE NAME OF THE place, but I have had a champers or 2 a few times at the bar underneath the viewing deck. Very nice :)[/quote]

Well that would be nice, except we'd have to be content to wave at you from the ship as we sailed away :)

[quote name='Skyrules']Well that would be nice, except we'd have to be content to wave at you from the ship as we sailed away :)[/quote]

Hi Kym and Martin. now you take care of Pacific Sun, because DH and I get on when you get off.:p

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

[quote name='Skyrules']Well that would be nice, except we'd have to be content to wave at you from the ship as we sailed away :)[/quote]

Okay Kym, that is not fair and you've twisted my arm. I'll swap. You go to the function and I'll go on the cruise :)

[quote name='qld cruiser']Hi Kym and Martin. now you take care of Pacific Sun, because DH and I get on when you get off.:p

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)[/quote]

Just wondering Lorraine. How many cruises do you have booked at the moment???

[quote name='qld cruiser']Hi Kym and Martin. now you take care of Pacific Sun, because DH and I get on when you get off.:p

Well I see that you talked Ray into going on another cruise.......Thats great hope you both enjoy this cruise in Janauary. Not to mention I hope you have a great time in November as well. How did Ray's opp go? Has he had it yet or am I too early in enquiring ? :o :confused:

[quote name='MargnGrah']Well I see that you talked Ray into going on another cruise.......Thats great hope you both enjoy this cruise in Janauary. Not to mention I hope you have a great time in November as well. How did Ray's opp go? Has he had it yet or am I too early in enquiring ? :o :confused:[/quote]

Hi Marg, yes I was able to twist his arm..(the bad one he he ) we love New Zealand...plus at $999.00 per person for 14 nights.it was a bargain
he had the reconstruction a few days after we got off ship...that is why he wasn't his usual happy self on board...he was worried how the op would go.. he just can't go fishing until xmas..and the Barramundi season finishes in a few days time:(

Hi Karen, I only have two booked at the moment:p
but I check the online TA's daily for any good specials.
I have to cruise on my own after January . DH said he is cruised out.
but he said that last year, and the year before.

[quote name='qld cruiser']Hi Karmac, I only have two booked at the moment:p
but I check the online TA's daily for any good specials.
I have to cruise on my own after January . DH said he is cruised out.
but he said that last year, and the year before.

kind regards, Lorraine:) [/quote]

Good on you Lorraine:D . You're lucky to have a DH who lets you cruise without him:) . Mine won't:eek: (coz he likes cruising too much). I look forward to the day that he says he is cruised out.......that means twice as many for me:D

We'll try - we'll even wave to you when we sail past Mackay - you'll have to have your night vision goggles out of course, since I guess we'll be going past in the middle of the night before arriving in the Whitsundays!

[quote name='MargnGrah']Well I see that you talked Ray into going on another cruise.......Thats great hope you both enjoy this cruise in Janauary. Not to mention I hope you have a great time in November as well. How did Ray's opp go? Has he had it yet or am I too early in enquiring ? :o :confused:[/quote]

Yes, I remember Lorraine saying towards the end of the Tongan cruise that Ray was cruised out and didn't want to cruise again too soon.

Sounds like his operation has bolstered his spirits a bit and he's keen to set sail again.

We'll try - we'll even wave to you when we sail past Mackay - you'll have to have your night vision goggles out of course, since I guess we'll be going past in the middle of the night before arriving in the Whitsundays!

Hi Kym and Martin, we are 1 and 1/2 hours south of Airlie Beach..
in the country that is just a hop, skip and a jump...(not even a long one)

I will wave back ...he he.

Archived