Princess in the Caribbean

Marley673

I know most of the major cruise lines have stopped sailing in Sept due to hurricane activity. Does anyone know why Princess has scaled down their fall caribbean sailings? We usually prefer the fall as the fares are somewhat less expensive and it seems to suit everybody in our family to go about then...

Any info appreciated...or even speculation:confused:

I know most of the major cruise lines have stopped sailing in Sept due to hurricane activity. Does anyone know why Princess has scaled down their fall caribbean sailings? We usually prefer the fall as the fares are somewhat less expensive and it seems to suit everybody in our family to go about then...

Any info appreciated...or even speculation:confused:

Speculation? I would say because hurricane season lasts all the way into November, with the worst being late August and September. Plus, Princess seems to be concentrating on more expensive European sailings in that late summer/early fall time frame.

I see Crown Princess and Emerald Princess sailings scheduled for Nov & Dec out of Fort Lauderdale. Caribbean Princess sailing from San Juan also in that time frame. Princess has in recent years, deployed much of their fleet to foreign markets and will likely continue to do so as long as it remains profitable. On the other hand, there does seem to be a trend toward redeploying ships to the US as the dollar continues to strengthen relative to foreign currencies.

They move more ships to Europe and Alaska, where the demand for cruising is greater. Thus, their profits are more. Supply and Demand.

Bingo!!!

That's the exact reason why Princess pulled most of their ships out of the Caribbean.

The way the economy is going, less flights, people traveling closer to home,

wonder if Princess will change all that.

Bringing back the ships to sail the Western, Southern, & Eastern like they use to during the summer months.

Wouldn't that be nice!!!! :)

we have always sailed in Sept until we switched to Princess...but I can wait until mid October I guess...maybe...:mad:

we did have to outrun Hurricane Rita on HAL three years ago..that wasn't so much fun..and that was prime hurricane season...mid sept...

I think that is one of the main reasons ... hurricane season. I can't imagine full ships during peak hurricane season and to make them full they would have to offer big discounts thus hurting profits. They operate at near capacity in the Mediterranean at this time at higher profit margins so why would they want to move to the Caribbean to jeopardize profits. Also, the impact the hurricanes have on the Caribbean islands could have serious impact on your land tours.

we have always sailed in Sept until we switched to Princess...but I can wait until mid October I guess...maybe...:mad:

we did have to outrun Hurricane Rita on HAL three years ago..that wasn't so much fun..and that was prime hurricane season...mid sept...

Archived