Carnival Excursion - Kayaking the Panama Canal

adakat

I have tried searching several forums for feedback on this tour but there doesn't appear to be much posted. Here are a few of my questions:

The description said that you take a 15-minute ride from Colon to Sol Melina. I tried looking up Sol Melina and I couldn't find ANY information on it. Is it a tourist destination, a town, a lake, a river??

This excursion is 4 hours and there is only approximately 1 hour spent kayaking "in this peaceful setting." Where do you kayak? Doesn't 1 hour seem kind of short for the kayak portion?

The description also said you have an opportunity to visit the Gatun locks. Is a small tour included? Or do you just look at the locks operate as ships move through?

If anyone has been on this excursion, a recap of your experience would be VERY much appreciated! Thank you!

I've not been on this tour but have been to panama recently and visited the locks, I'll bet the kayaking is on lake gatlan, I know they have an observation tower there that people could stand and watch the ships go through. We paid the bucks and took a locks by ferry tour, I'll never do it again cause once you've done it it's old stuff. BUT it was very cool and I wouldn't have skipped it for the world. Wish I would have brought our own lunch though,the mystery meat served was icky!!!

Have a great trip and think about doing the canal by ferry if you haven't done it, it's a really cool experience.

Happy sails, Carole

Archived