Help please Triumph vs. Valor

ronkay

opinions please? we are looking at 2 cruises the end of March 2009, one on the Valor and one on the Triumph. I know one is east Carb and one is West. we are not really concerned about that. We have been to both and enjoyed both. A balcony on the Triumph is only about $50 cheaper then the Valor so they are close there.

We enjoy the ship and time on it, any opinions would help, thanks.

I haven't sailed on the Valor but I just got off the Triumph and LOVED it, great ship and even better crew. I am not sure if the Valor has the Movie Screen but the Triumph does and hopefully by the time you sail they will have some really good movies playing (we got Peter Frampton Live and Hall and Oates...)

Both have been recently dry dock upgraded.

I have been on both, and they are very similar. They are basically the same class ship. I would probably give the Valor more points for the fish and chips restaurant, and the supper club.

For me it would really come down to the ports of call.

Not to be a wet towel,,,and everyone please correct me if I'm wrong,,,

but isn't the Valor the one quite a few people were saying has had more than a few bad reviews??? OTOH,,,maybe that was in the beginning, and it's better now,,,

My suggestion would be to read all the recent reviews on BOTH ships,,,

Holly

We were on the Valor and loved it. Crew was great and no problems with anything. Dont think you could go wrong with either choice. Maybe the location of departure and fare to get there be your decider? Toss a coin? Regardless you will have a great time.:D

but isn't the Valor the one quite a few people were saying has had more than a few bad reviews??? OTOH,,,maybe that was in the beginning, and it's better now,,,

Holly

Sorry Holly,

I have to correct you, yes you are wrong. Valor has had the most Positive reviews since day one. I believe that the ship in this class that has had its share of bad reviews in the past is the Glory.

And please return the wet towel when done or a $22. fee will find its way onto your Sail & Sign account.

Fred

Thanks so much for all of the opinions, after looking at these comments and other research we are leaning towards the Valor March 29, 2009. This will be our 6 cruise with Canival and I am sure we will enjoy ouselves, we are the type that ALWAYs enjoys outself. Thanks so much for the pictures that was much appreciated.

The other part that helped was the fact there are 2 ports we have never been to, Belize and Roatan. Any opinions and/or suggestions about those locations would also be appreciated.

Holly

It's the Victory with the bad reviews. Right first letter though.:p

Bill

OMG,,,these movies were HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!! I enjoyed them so much :) Thankyou,,,,,Holly

That is one cool guy name Jason. Jason goes by Gatorclaw on here. I will get to meet him on our Cruise Critic Splendor cruise this April.

Fred

Thanks so much for all of the opinions, after looking at these comments and other research we are leaning towards the Valor March 29, 2009. This will be our 6 cruise with Canival and I am sure we will enjoy ouselves, we are the type that ALWAYs enjoys outself. Thanks so much for the pictures that was much appreciated.

The other part that helped was the fact there are 2 ports we have never been to, Belize and Roatan. Any opinions and/or suggestions about those locations would also be appreciated.

I didn't enjoy Belize City much (dirty, poor, and lots of crime), but we didn't go there to do any excursions. Rather, we had some missionary friends pick us up and take us to their home and we had a delicious Belizean lunch of stewed chicken, plantains, rice & beans, and cabbage salad. Then we went on their daily errands with them (bank, hardware store, outdoor market, and the airport). Got to see the locals as they live - quite an eye opening experience! Army guys with guns were everywhere.

Roatan Island, on the other hand, was gorgeous!! It's one of the nicest and most pristine islands I've been to. Of course, that was 5 years ago and ships had just begun to go there. I've heard it's much more "built up" now. We took a taxi to the West Bay Beach which was wonderful - clear blue/green water with white sand. We also walked into the town of Coxen Hole and met many nice local people. We went to an Internet cafe and typed our emails on a Spanish keyboard! :o Unless it's gotten very commercial, I think you'll really enjoy this island. I'm going back in 2010 on another cruise.

havent been on either ship, hpwever we are going in february and it came down to triumph vs. valor as well and based on reviews we picked valor. so good luck on what you pick. ports i can help with!

belize-been there 2 times. cave tubing first time-had to go through belize city. would prefer to never have to go through that again, very uncomfortable. although cave tubing was great, belize city its uncomfortable as is the ride to the rain forest area (atleast for a little bit) i do understand its a 3rd world country but its heartbreaking in some areas and scary in some areas and i just feel its not a pleasant way to spend the time . NOW last time (march) i did a snuba excursion, because Belize is a tender port, the boat took us directly to our snuba area (or snorkel if thats what you did ) and it was beautiful, amazing saw so much, then we went to a beach area which was beautiful as well, if you do the beach break this is the beach you go to so its good you can meet up with those people as well. it was a completel differnt experience from belize city. based on this, i would do this excursion again and couldnt wait to go back to belize.

roatan-we went here because costa rica was under a strike and our itinerary had to be adjusted. i was nervous, but we picked the dolphin excursion and it was great. it was not a dolphin swim but we still were in the water with them at a sanctuary so it was in a beautiful spot, got to drive around the island. just amazing. i know people who did a kayak adventure who went out to a shipwreck area and they had a fantastic time. we also took time to walk around the local shops near the port area and that was great as well. i plan to to go back to this port in the future.

if you visit these 2 ports i dont think you will be disapointed, although i would suggest doing a beach excursion (orsnorkel/snuba) through carnival for belize.

whichever you pick good luck!

Archived