Gumbalimba Park Rope Bridge

lvcruises

I'm trying to find information on the Scenic rope bridge over the Gumbalimba Pond. I'm afraid of heights and get nervous driving on bridges.:eek: My DH would like to do the tour offered on NCL's Pearl. I did see someones shutterfly photo album and it had 2 pictures of the bridge... it didn't look to bad. The tour includes Tabayan Beach and seeing the monkeys, other animals.... I just don't want to let something that may be very small keep me from taking this tour.

Any information would be greatly apprecitiated.

We were just at Gumbalina Park Oct.15th. The bridge has completely disinegrated. We were looking forward to cross it, but there was nothing left but shredded ropes.

How did you get across the pond then or is it just something to do in the park and not necessary?

We were at Gumbalimba in August and did the rope bridge one way across. On the way back across we took the "chicken bridge". Yes, there is a extremely stable bridge in the park. The rope bridge was basically used for one-way trips.

What happened to the rope bridge that it's in shreds?! It was perfectly fine when we were there.

We left the island on Oct 4th and had been to the park a fews days before. It was fine. Anyone know what happened to it?

But to answer the persons original question. You can walk around on the other side and not have to have the rope bridge if you want.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

I took the Gumbalina Park tour last year and it was nice.

There was a small rope bridge over a pond, but we did not go over it.

Our tour was led up a path over a sturdy wooden bridge which was very low over a stream, to the animal refuge where we saw the monkeys and parrots.

The ride from the ship to the park was over a twisty mountain road, so you may want to select in inside seat on the bus

The tour was a lot of fun

• 1 month later...

Archived