Help! Alaska next year

StellaRN

Help Ladies. Formal night and semi-formal I can figure out. Its the other nights I'm not sure about. I like to dress so I like to wear skirts and simple dresses. If it is July do you still wear bright colored summer wear at night on an Alaska cruise? I know on the land portion it is informal and jeans and kakhis sp? are okay but what about on the cruise. Anyone cruise Alaska ? What did women wear to dinner?

I thought the way people were dressed was about the same as any other cruise. Make sure you check out the weather a couple days before you go, Alaska can have some warm weather. I know I missed having my sandals along with me for sea days. You may want to take along at least one pair of shorts for daytime.

We had some warm weather in the evenings a couple of nights, we were out on deck in shirtsleeves and were very comfortable. Make sure you take at least one bathing suit, even if you don't have weather warm enough to lay out, you will still want to use the spa.

I remember bringing a lot of layers because one never knew! It could be 60 degrees one week and 30 the next. I used it as an opportunity to wear my dressy wintery outfits. I remember seeing lots of velvet similar to New Years Eve stuff and I remember seeing dress pants with glittery tops. Still, the layers worked because the heat is on!
Coka

Thanks I have a great Ralph Lauren Velvet Jacket I can wear over a dress for semi-formal night instead of a chiffon shawl. I have a Navy formal that I can wear. I thought maybe the colors would be to dark. But you never know there are a lot of shopping time between now and July.

There is an Alaska board ports of call on cruisecritic. You may get some good info there. Also read some cruise reviews of past cruisers for the time fo year you are going. We went in May. The lows were like35-40 and the highs55-60. On a casual night the khaki slacks or skirt were fine. I wore a velvet skirt and top on the "informal" or semi formal night. I also had a navy pantsuit I wore one night and I believe I had a skirt set that was that poly knit "city knits" type material I also wore to dinner one night.

I would think though you could wear more summery clothing in the summer months. After all even if it is cool the ship has heat-they keep it comfortable for you. Just bring a light jacket or sweather if you think you may walk out of deck some which surely you will do. It is easy enough to put a sweather or jacket over a sundress.

[quote name='Happy ks']I thought the way people were dressed was about the same as any other cruise. Make sure you check out the weather a couple days before you go, Alaska can have some warm weather. I know I missed having my sandals along with me for sea days. You may want to take along at least one pair of shorts for daytime.

We had some warm weather in the evenings a couple of nights, we were out on deck in shirtsleeves and were very comfortable. Make sure you take at least one bathing suit, even if you don't have weather warm enough to lay out, you will still want to use the spa.[/QUOTE]

Our ship had a glass dome over the lido and the pool and ofcourse the hot tub were heated. We spent alot of time there. I would go to the area covered in a running suit. Then I just took it off and jumped into the pool in my swimsuit. You don't see people walking around ship in thier swimsuits with sarong coverups ofcourse.

Archived