Too Many Kids for 1 cabin??

MichaelandGeri

I figured that the OP was one that didn't have relatives close by. However, I agree with the one who posted that the effort involved to keep up with 4 kids aged 1-4 on a ship is going to be a lot of work :eek: And, for the money the OP will spend, the kids will remember nothing (the 4 year old might remember a few things). I took my daughter (now 22) on her first cruise at 6 and she LOVED it and remembers details that I can't even remember!!! We are going to sail together again next year when the Fantasy moves into Mobile. What a hoot that is going to be! I digress....the OP can certainly spend her money any way she chooses, I just applaud her courage and tenacity to try and take 4 kids that young on a ship. I do however, think that getting 2 rooms, even if they are adjoining, would work for splitting she and DH up with 2 kids in each but not to have the luxury to be able to sleep with DH each night. Certainly something to consider if that was the desired end result. If it was me, I think I'd wait to cruise until the kids were 6-9 or even 7-10. They'd remember it all that way, AND there is Camp Carnival for "mom and dad" time ;) But that's just me.
You are right, when I read the post again, I saw that the children are all toddlers.

When I took my then 1 year old (who's 9 yo now) on our Anniversary cruise because I just could not part with my Bethany.... WELL, she worked me like a horse and a mule. I had just stopped nursing her and did not want to leave her with her God Mom (who sincerely wanted to keep her), and risk her flipping out on her. But I did regret that decison! We were aboard the Victory, a lovely ship but my attentions were else where for a great part of the cruise. (Got some cute island pics though) -LOL

She didn't know what was going on aboard Carnival and could not care less at 1 years old. :p

Just my lil experience and .2

You are right, when I read the post again, I saw that the children are all toddlers.

When I took my then 1 year old (who's 9 yo now) on our Anniversary cruise because I just could not part with my Bethany.... WELL, she worked me like a horse and a mule. I had just stopped nursing her and did not want to leave her with her God Mom (who sincerely wanted to keep her), and risk her flipping out on her. But I did regret that decison! We were aboard the Victory, a lovely ship but my attentions were else where for a great part of the cruise. (Got some cute island pics though) -LOL

She didn't know what was going on aboard Carnival and could not care less at 1 years old. :p

Just my lil experience and .2

I know how you feel,,,when we went on vacation when our son was 6 months old, my mother-in-law wanted to keep him for us,,

I was nursing, and I couldn't stand the thought,,,I would have had to stop nursing (which I LOVED),,it made me cry to think about it,,,,,and know this,,,if there is ANYONE I would trust him with, it was HER,,,

The following year, I let her take him, as he was done with nursing,,,,,,but I cried the whole night after we left him with her and the next morning,,,

DH said "Let's go get him",,,(this was before we left) but I held tight and let him be with her,,,,he had more fun,,,and honestly so did we,,,,

but I know how hard it can be,,,if you have HELP, it can be great,,,alot of work, but still great,,,

but 4 kids 4 and under,,,,ouch,,,she's got more guts than me:p Holly

Five years ago, my sister and bil brought their 2 yr old twins on a cruise with us. It was a disaster. My poor sister, who really needed that cruise to relax, did no such thing.

They attempted to go to the dining room on the first night. The twins were so bad, they never made it back again. On formal night, my bil came for dinner and brought my sister's lobster to the cabin.

They hated camp carnival as they were not used to being separated from mom.

They were on a different floor from us, but to this day, I feel sorry for the people occupying the cabin on each side of them for the crying that went on at bedtime! They were not used to sleeping in a strange place, either.

All in all, for the amount of money they spent, it was totally not worth it for them.

BTW, we did try to help and babysit, but it was not possible.

I'm sure your experience would be different, but I'm sure it would not be very relaxing for you, either.

Our oldest dd is 14, and she has been on 4 of our 7 cruises. Our cruise last year was a family cruise where we took all 4 kids (ages 5, 8, 9 and 14) at the time.

I remember one year when we took our then 4 or 5 year old on a cruise during the winter here in MD, all I can remember her whining, I mean saying was: "It's Hot... I'm HOT, while we were in Mexico. I reminded her that she could be freezing in MD instead. :rolleyes:

That said; I really think it depends on the age, maturity and independence of the child(ren), not to mention your energy level, vacation needs, etc. Our 5 year old was so excited to go on the family cruise last year since she was not taken the year before (potty issues) :eek:, but she did fine.

Archived