Piratas

leruskin

Piratas was still there last year. Prices are less expensive than other places. The beach isn't much - much of it is ironshore. The snorkeling is sort of ok. It is the same snorkeling as Uva's offers, since at Uva's they walk up to Pirata's and drift back.

The people were quite friendly and it seem like there is rarely anyone there.

IMG_7969.JPG

IMG_7970.JPG

IMG_7991.JPG

and more pictures on this page:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/conquest_07/coz/coz_pic4.htm

Can you walk down the beach and get toThe Money Bar, Uvas and Piratas without walking down the road?

I'm not sure but think it might be a rocky walk.

I have considered snorkeling from Dzul Ha to Uvas and perhaps even Chank before, and then walking back, but along the road.

• 2 months later...

I´ve been in cozumel many times and we stop at piratas Bar just recently. Some friends and I drove around the island and we hit Pirates Restaurant bar .

This spot has great snorkeling all around.it's the perfect place for beginners and up. The depth doesn't vary much and stays between 5-15 feet until you get far out. The beautiful reef is filled with tropical fish. The reef is shallow, lively and really clear!!!.

We had a wonderfull snorkeling experience!.

The waiter told me that the best snorkeling spots on the island got to be iron shores and if you go to a sandy beach will be No much to see.

we saw groups of people walking from the next door beach to get in front of piratas so i think we did the right choice.

They have restroom facilities, outdoor showers,lockers and parking lot.

we had food at piratas and was absolutely good!!! I've eaten in other restaurants in cozumel, but this place tops them all. Pirates has a good selection of food plus frozen drinks and the cheapest beer bottle around the island ...only $1.50 usd.

It´s located about 4-5 miles south of the cruiship terminal. Between Fiesta Americana Hotel and Chankanaab park. On the old oceanfront road .

There is No cover and is an intimate bayside spot. There are tables outside where you can enjoy the bayside view . We decided to go inside where there was air conditioning and we had delicious seafood like tasty fish tacos, conch ceviche , shrimp, fresh fish and lobster ... of course they have other options... we´re ready to go back to pirates !!!

I hope it helps and give you and idea of that place!.

Here are some pictures.

DSC03163.jpg.94f955ceaabae0646f9f0b939d354aaa.jpg

95076831_acontecimientos2007enero123.jpg.09197c7e6271e2380aa7136560abbe05.jpg

1199430428_piratasfriends14abril008.jpg.ce3f6f683c1c5c1cfb8e04df2981453f.jpg

2131876613_PIRATAS(41).jpg.8065b66a0c75b8e05e9385743b988bdf.jpg

1581019938_PIRATAS(113).jpg.171eb7c2631ec056b202c1ac98de9101.jpg

Archived