Sail and sign

htkodiak

Can the sail and sign cards be set for kids to a limit of 20.00$ a day?

I Really am not sure. However, I have read a few nightmare stories about kids racking up huge bills. How old are they? What would they be using the cards for? Soda,arcade? I would suggest you buy soda coupons and give them cash for the arcade. Just a suggestion of course.

I agree. There isn't much for kids to spend money on while onboard. Buy them a soda card and use cash for the arcade. Everything else they will need your approval. My kids were 12, 13 on their first cruise and this system has worked fine for us ever since. I'd really worry about the huge bill at the end of the trip.

I don't believe the arcades use cash - at least the ones we have used. You insert your S&S card and if gives you tokens to use for the games. I think I've read on these boards that you can go to the purser's desk and have a limit placed on your children's S&S cards.

Another option for the kid's drinks is to purchase the soda card.

Can the sail and sign cards be set for kids to a limit of 20.00$ a day?

You could also check your balance daily. I usually go to the pursers desk and get a printout about every other day. That way you would know each day whether they are over spending. We've taken our kids many times and never had too many surprises. You know your kiddos best though! In our case, it is usually DH and I who rack up the S&S charges :o!!!

Our experience has been you place a cash limit on the account or you get unlimited charge privileges. The arcades we have seen take cash or the sign and sail card. Kids can buy snacks, desserts at the coffee bar and souvenirs at the gift shop. They can also buy sodas and fancy frozen virgin drinks at the bars.

There is a lot that they could spend their money on.

We have a talk with the kids before the cruise and check in daily to monitor their purchases.

I've been taking my grandson once a year since he was 8 years old. He's almost 18 now.

I've always set up a cash account just for him. His parents usually give him spending money and he saves himself. Being Grandma, I'm always good for a few bucks......:D

After boarding, I go to the Purser and arrange to have HIS gratuities charged to my account and I buy his soda card....and I set up his cash account in his name that is loaded on his S&S card. It usually starts with $100.00 which was plenty when he was younger. For the last couple of years, he's had his own money so he's added cash himself if he needed it.

When he was little, he knew that once he had spent the money on his account, that was the end of it. He never ran dry before the end of the cruise.

This prevents any overspending at all and makes the kid responsible for his/her own purchases......

Archived