Comfort Suites Hobby Airport?

Juligan

Has anybody stayed here? We are sailing on Conquest on 12/14 and have decided not to stay in Galveston... actually, it was pretty much decided for us with the Bike Rally. If there is a room to be found, it's $200+.

We are also considering the Hyatt Place Houston/Greenspoint/IAH Airport. It looks like a fantastic hotel but it's 62 miles from Galveston.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

Juligan,

As a local, I haven't stayed in hotels/motels in this area but, if you will answer a couple of questions, I'd be glad to make some suggestions:

1. Are you flying into Houston? If so, will you arrive at Bush (IAH) or Hobby (HOU)? Since you mentioned the Hyatt at Greenspoint, I'm thinking you are flying into IAH which is +/-60 miles north of Galveston. 2. Will you have a car to travel from the airport to Galveston?

By the way, this is from one Missourian to another - I grew up in Sedalia.

Juligan,

As a local, I haven't stayed in hotels/motels in this area but, if you will answer a couple of questions, I'd be glad to make some suggestions:

1. Are you flying into Houston? If so, will you arrive at Bush (IAH) or Hobby (HOU)? Since you mentioned the Hyatt at Greenspoint, I'm thinking you are flying into IAH which is +/-60 miles north of Galveston. 2. Will you have a car to travel from the airport to Galveston?

By the way, this is from one Missourian to another - I grew up in Sedalia.

Actually, we are driving from Springfield. We plan to go as far as Dallas the on Friday then to at least Houston on Saturday. The Hyatt came up on the radar from another posting and it appears to be a very cool hotel. I just don't know if we want to drive 62+ miles on Sunday morning.

Our criteria for hotel is clean, affordable (under $100... way under hopefully), free internet, and free breakfast. I know, we don't ask for much. The Comfort Suites seems to fit all our needs, obviously just don't know about the cleanliness cuz I've never been there.

We'll probably use PriceLine for Dallas unless you have a suggestion for there.

TIA for your help.

Juligan,

If you can get a really good deal on the Hyatt, that +/-60 mile drive straight down I-45 on Sunday morning/early afternoon shouldn't be too much of a problem. The only problems I see there would be the "biker" traffic going down I-45 which is something you are going to experience anywhere you stay north of the island, and, if it is actually in the Greenspoint area and not at IAH, some problems in the Greenspoint area.

If you are looking at a Comfort Suites, you might want to consider the one on Texas Avenue at Bay Area Blvd. in Webster, Texas

Comfort Suites (TX942)

16931 N. Texas Ave , Webster, TX, US, 77598 | Phone: (281) 554-5400 Fax: (281) 554-5441 nosmoke.gif100% Smoke Free Hotel

instead of the one near Hobby Airport. The area is better with lots of restaurants near-by and a major mall. There are also locations for almost every other major lodging chain in the area if the Comfort Suites doesn't work out. Look for addresses on Bay Area Blvd., Texas Avenue, NASA Parkway in Houston or Webster,Texas.

Many of the hotels/motels in the area are booked solid right now with hurricane relief workers and/or those who are out of their homes due to hurricane damage but the situation should improve by December.

Hope this helps.

The Comfort Suites near Hobby Airport should suit your needs fine. Even if you stay in the IAH area, the 65 mile drive to Galveston is not bad on a Sunday morning. Not much traffic, UNTIL you get near the cruise terminal. I drive a limo part-time and I can make the IAH-Galveston run in about 75 minutes although with the bike rally it might take you longer.

A word of warning though. The Hobby Airport area, as well as the Greenspoint/IAH area, are not the greatest parts of Houston. I wouldn't take a late night stroll or leave any luggage in your car.

Archived