Butterfly Farm in Bonaire - anyone been?

Sea&SandBabe

I heard there is a butterfly farm in Bonaire (I'll be visiting in December) and wondered how it was. I have been to them in St. Thomas and Aruba and would like to know how it compares. I would also like to know how far it is from port, taxi price, etc. Thanks for any info provided!

Patti

• 2 weeks later...
I heard there is a butterfly farm in Bonaire (I'll be visiting in December) and wondered how it was. I have been to them in St. Thomas and Aruba and would like to know how it compares. I would also like to know how far it is from port, taxi price, etc. Thanks for any info provided!

Patti

Hi I am signed up to go when when I am in Bonaire in November. I chose this excursion mainly because I thought it would be a good thing to do with my 4 1/2 year old son. I will let you know what I think.

Ginger

Thank you whole heartedly Ginger for responding! I go mainly for the photography and it is quite a challenge to catch the butterflies "posing"!!! Enjoy - I think you and your son will enjoy running after them and seeing their beauty! I look forward to your review! Our cruise leaves on Dec. 7th. Have fun!

Patti

• 1 month later...

We took the ship's tour there last week and for us it was the worst tour that we were ever on. I assume the owner picked us up and he did not talk very much. About a 15 minute drive and then he leaves you there for an hour. It certainly does not take an hour to see the butterflies and there is no where to go. When we left there he said we would also see flamingoes and the salt fields. He stopped for perhaps 2 mintues for us to take pictures of the birds from the road and did not even mention the salt fields. We should have taken another tour!

Archived