Renting a car and looking for monkeys

jollycruise

We will be visiting Roatan for the first time in December. We will be renting a car to go explore on our own. I would love to be able to hold a monkey or two or three :D . Is there a place anyone can suggest we go to. I have found some YouTube videos of people on the street holding them. Is this pretty common? I also was interested in the Iguana farm. Has anyone been there and what did you think. I love animals and have no problem holding just about anything. It keeps my husbands heart healthy! Thanks for any info.

I know you said you wanted to rent a car but you could use Victor Bodden and customize a day to your liking. We got a driver to ourselves for the day, we visited the monkeys at Victors, did some great sightseeing, went to a really nice beach and snorkeled. You can do as much or as little as you want and not have to worry about keeping tabs on a rental, the driver stays with your stuff and its your call the whole day. I posted some pics of our day in Roatan in my review at the bottom of my reply if you wanted to take a look :)

I know you said you wanted to rent a car but you could use Victor Bodden and customize a day to your liking. We got a driver to ourselves for the day, we visited the monkeys at Victors, did some great sightseeing, went to a really nice beach and snorkeled. You can do as much or as little as you want and not have to worry about keeping tabs on a rental, the driver stays with your stuff and its your call the whole day. I posted some pics of our day in Roatan in my review at the bottom of my reply if you wanted to take a look :)

Thanks for the info. I had been considering Victor. I might look more into that and see if it seems like a good fit for us. By the way off topic here. I want to say thank you to you and your DH for his service to our country and us. It is appreciated by our family greatly.

Thanks for the info. I had been considering Victor. I might look more into that and see if it seems like a good fit for us. By the way off topic here. I want to say thank you to you and your DH for his service to our country and us. It is appreciated by our family greatly.

We went with a driver named Tex that we had read a lot about on this board. He was awesome, very laid back and knew Roatan very well.

Thank you for the kind words, have a wonderful cruise :)

Archived