things to do on Devil's Island

Spikesgirl

We have a cruise scheduled for the Amazon next winter and one of our stops is Devil's Island. The ship (Princess) is not offering any excursions and I was wondering what folks who have visited there have done and seen. We definiely want to go ashore, but are pretty directionless at the moment.

Any saged advice out there?

Thanks!

Thanks so much for the link. It sounds like a place to just wander about. With any luck, there will be someone giving a lecture on it before hand. All I know about it to this point is what I saw on "Papillion".

Appreciate you taking the time to answer!

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Pricess and they had lectures the day before which were worth the listen .. the story "Papillion" is not quite correct in the facts.

Its easy to walk around and to the centre of the island .. and well worth it. Very interesting and they have a small shop that sells odds and ends .. I have a T Shirt from it that one could not get any other place.

It's in fact three small islands but they will explain that to you .. it was a great day, relaxing and in no way commercial you were left to explore as you wished .. at sailing time we had to wait for a tender as many apart from seeing the island just relaxed on the grass looking out to see with the ship and in the distance the mainland.

An unforgetable port of call

Hope you enjoy it

:D And the beer at the hotel is cold !!!!!.......Lot's of critters to see and it makes a pleasent 3-4 hour walk........Have fun !!!......Buy a T-shirt !!!.....MORE GIN !!!!......Oh yes, one more tid bit, they will most likely show the film "Papillon" prior to your visit.:cool:

Archived