Dawn - AF vs. AE or AG

madelinerose

Looking for opinions/comments on Category AF vs AE or AG (mini-suites) on the Dawn.

I've read that there's no concierge service with an AF, but are there other accoutrements in AE or AG that I will not experience with the AF?

Thanks for your replies. ;)

DCT - oh, thanks! I've been reading so much about NCL and the Dawn, I was confused.

In your opinion, would it be worth an additional $800 for 2 people to upgrade from a port side mid ship AF mini-suite, 11586 to an aft corner AE Penthouse suite, 8170, for an 11 day Western Caribbean cruise? Thanks!

AF and AG are mini-suites. AE is an aft penthouse suite. It is in a different catagory, and offers butler service in addition to the concierge service found in the 2 mini-suite catagories.

DCT - oh, thanks! I've been reading so much about NCL and the Dawn, I was confused.

In your opinion, would it be worth an additional $800 for 2 people to upgrade from a port side mid ship AF mini-suite, 11586 to an aft corner AE Penthouse suite, 8170, for an 11 day Western Caribbean cruise? Thanks!

I would do it for sure for a 11 day western Caribbean cruise! Def worth it.

Thanks, everyone. Just emailed the TA to see if 8170 is still available. We just finished our first, wonderful cruise and spent quite a bit of time on our balcony during breakfast, in the evening, etc., so we do look forward to a great cabin.

I really appreciate your help. ;)

lfreda...thanks for the great pics!

Do you have to sit sideways on the balcony or does it become wider directly in front of the doors? We like to have breakfast out there and wondered if that was possible? It looks more narrow than a regular balcony cabin. Is this correct?

I'd also love to see pics of the actual cabin, if you have any. Thanks for taking the time to post the thread. I really appreciate it. ;)

8170 is a great cabin - especially if you can get them to open the wrap-around balcony. If you'd like to see pictures of the balocny please see the following post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=88841

The balcony is the same size as all of the other penthouse balconies. The pictures that I posted really focused on the wrap around portion that is generally locked. With the wrap around open, we easily fit 10 people out there while departing NYC. You won't have a problem eating breakfast out there - there are two lounge chairs and a small table.

Archived