Galveston car rental

luv2cruise123

Is there a car rental agency in Galveston that we could drop off a car prior to our cruise? We will be flying into Houston Hobby. I'm assuming it would be cheaper to drop off and rent againat end of cruise versus paying parking for an 11 night cruise. Has anyone done this and how convenient was it or do you recommend a private car pick up? (They seem to be awfully high though.)

This is a somewhat new process in Galveston,as until about a year ago,a little less,there were no agencies opened on Sundays.If you contact the Enterprise office,or Hertz office in Galveston,they will arrange a pick-up with you..
I have heard its a pretty good price..
look for the galveston number at [url="http://www.galveston.com"]www.galveston.com[/url]

We used Enterprise for our trip in September. It was much less expensive for us traveling with 2 kids. We had a full size car going to the port and it cost less than $30. Coming home it was more but due to a problem we had we had our returntrip for FREE. But the quote was about $65 if I remember correctly. I averaged the two cost to compare to the Galveston Shuttle and the car was less expensive and you had a little more freedom in your travels. We were able to stop at the store going to the port and get snacks and bottled water to take with us.

On another thread I just put my LATEST results. Enterprise will be open on Thanksgiving Day, day we arrive for our cruise in Galveston. Trying to decide if for about $75 more it would be better to just use the personal car pickup or not? Any ideas? Hubby isn't crazy about driving in Houston traffic. (atleast I don't think he is, I'm preparing all this myself at this pont - he's just along for the "ride" - ha!)

Archived