Trying to find a 12"x12"x12" cooler...any suggestions?

dtownjbrown

Okay, Ive been searching and searching for the ever elusive "acceptable" cooler that can be carried onboard but havent been able to find one. Everything Ive found has either been too little capacity...(I found an Igloo "Pink Ribbon" Ice Cube Cooler that measures 12.25" x 12.25" x 11.75" but it only holds 14cans)....or just a tad bit off on the dimensions (The Igloo Playmate Armour holds 26cans and but the dimensions are 14.5" x 11.0" x 13.75"). Can anyone suggest a specific brand, style or model that they've used before?

1. Buy a collapsible cooler any size you want and pack it in your checked luggage.
  2. Just buy one of those new huge zip locks and set it on your bathroom floor.

In both cases, ask your room steward to keep them topped off with ice ( a tip is appropriate )

What is an appropiate tip for a 5 day cruise would you say???:confused:

1. Buy a collapsible cooler any size you want and pack it in your checked luggage.
  2. Just buy one of those new huge zip locks and set it on your bathroom floor.

In both cases, ask your room steward to keep them topped off with ice ( a tip is appropriate )

Im trying to find one I can carry-on so that I wont have to pack my beverages. Im a "Water-Hog" and the friend thats going with me is a "Soda-Freak" so Im figuring....for the four day trip.....I need to carry on 12 bottles (or cans in her case) of each.

Pack light, forget the cooler, empty the mini-fridge, put your whatevers in that. Can you really drink more whatevers in one day than the fridge can cool?

That would be great if the fridge kept items cold. Ours on the freedom did not - made for great smelling milk the next day. :eek: We found ours at Walmart - with a great OSU logo on it.

Okay, Ive been searching and searching for the ever elusive "acceptable" cooler that can be carried onboard but havent been able to find one. Everything Ive found has either been too little capacity...(I found an Igloo "Pink Ribbon" Ice Cube Cooler that measures 12.25" x 12.25" x 11.75" but it only holds 14cans)....or just a tad bit off on the dimensions (The Igloo Playmate Armour holds 26cans and but the dimensions are 14.5" x 11.0" x 13.75"). Can anyone suggest a specific brand, style or model that they've used before?

acceptable?

they won't let you take on anything , unless its a certain size?

I have a hard plastic one, I used to take. they changed policy?

what if you packed the roller soft sided coolers with clothes like a suitcase?

The one we are taking is under there 12x12x12 rule and we can get about a dozen bottle of water in it. That should be fine for our cruise.

If all the rooms had a mini-fridge it would be great, then I would pack more in our luggage and drop the cooler. Or how about the old college style cooler, the trash can with ice??

:rolleyes:

Im trying to find one I can carry-on so that I wont have to pack my beverages. Im a "Water-Hog" and the friend thats going with me is a "Soda-Freak" so Im figuring....for the four day trip.....I need to carry on 12 bottles (or cans in her case) of each.

You can still carry the water/soda on, (or better yet, pack them), then once you get your luggage set up your collapsible cooler and have the steward add ice. You will have super cold water in an hour. I would strongly advise against carrying around a cooler of water/soda and ice. If you must have cold water/soda on boarding, you may want to just buy them on board. All the trouble of carrying, packing ice, etc is just not worth it, IMO.

As far as tipping, if the steward is not around, I call him/her the first day and usually tip $10-20 cash. At that point, I make any special requests like keeping my cooler topped off with ice. ;)

You can still carry the water/soda on, (or better yet, pack them), then once you get your luggage set up your collapsible cooler and have the steward add ice. You will have super cold water in an hour. I would strongly advise against carrying around a cooler of water/soda and ice. If you must have cold water/soda on boarding, you may want to just buy them on board. All the trouble of carrying, packing ice, etc is just not worth it, IMO.

I guess what Im "really" trying to avoid is having to travel with bottled water in my checked luggage. I will be flying into Orlando the morning before my flight so I wont have time to re-pack any drinks I might buy before boarding the ship....and Ive had one too many baggage handling catastrophes. Im no so much concerned with keeping the water cold as I am with having a place to store it (other than my checked luggage). I appreciate for all the suggestions (I hadnt even thought about Ebay) and I'll keep looking around.

I wonder if each of us traveling could have our own 12x12x12 cooler? Ive emailed Carnivals customer service to inquire about NON alcoholic beer on board...they told me to CALL Carnival, so I did, the guy wasnt sure but said a 6 pack should be ok. I'm putting one checked bag that will have water in it, when the water is gone I'll use it to pack our goodies we buy in it. But I was thinking of the kiddos, they do NOT like flat soda or I'd buy the soda card for them, so I guess if they can have their own cooler full of soda and once its gone , its gone or I could refill in port?

I wonder if each of us traveling could have our own 12x12x12 cooler? Ive emailed Carnivals customer service to inquire about NON alcoholic beer on board...they told me to CALL Carnival, so I did, the guy wasnt sure but said a 6 pack should be ok. I'm putting one checked bag that will have water in it, when the water is gone I'll use it to pack our goodies we buy in it. But I was thinking of the kiddos, they do NOT like flat soda or I'd buy the soda card for them, so I guess if they can have their own cooler full of soda and once its gone , its gone or I could refill in port?

I wonder why you say you won't get the soda card because the kids don't like flat soda? You get fresh soda everytime you ask for it. Also you can buy soda in port and bring it on board, my friend at work does it all the time when she cruises. She even buys snacks that cost less than getting a candy bar in the shops on board.

Karen, FL:cool:

Archived