transportaion: 5 passengers hotel to pier

jetstorm

We will staying at the La Quinta on Peters Rd., Plantation, Fl. There will be five of us plus baggage and we need transportation to get us to the pier. anyone have any advice on whether to travel together as a group or go in smaller groups?

Anyone have any numbers or names of transportation services in this area. We are looking to get to the pier as cheaply as possible.

I am not sure how far that is from the pier, so don't know what a taxi would cost.

We have 10 in our group and we are using Quality Limo Service to get from the hotel to the pier. I have read really good reviews about them. We figured that we we can all travel together.

You can google them and get the phone number. Not sure if I can post that on here.

Claudia

If you ask at the hotel they can surely call a taxi van for your that you can all go to the pier with luggage in the same vehicle.

Thanks, and I'll keep that in mind, but I was hoping to have it all arranged ahead of time to make sure our ride was there and on time. I also figured i be able to find out who offered the best deal for our size group. I do appreciate all the info. i can get.

Have stayed at the Peters Rd La Quinta several times with 5 people. We rent a minivan from Thrifty and return it to their location right at the MidPort gate on Miami Road. They shuttle you right to your ship. Solves getting to the Hotel and gives you wheels while you are in Plantation.

Richard

The van idea may be your best bet. If you don't want to drive you may want to call the hotel now and ask what services are available in the area and the cost. You can be sure that they answer this question several times a day:p

Charlie

Thanks to Charlie and Richard.

My in-laws are going to be part of the group and they will be driving to the hotel and leaving their car there during the cruise so we won't need anything except to get to the port on cruise day. I did call the hotel and they no longer offer a shuttle to the port.

You guys really come up with a lot of great ideas.

Richard, how did you guys like the La Quinta? Is it in a nice neighborhood?

Richard, how did you guys like the La Quinta? Is it in a nice neighborhood?

Great neighborhood. Lots of lovely restaurants. Try Padrino's. It is a nice Cuban restaurant in a strip mall right near the hotel.

Richard

Archived