Dawn Princess Formalities

Neicy& Ron

We are going on the Dawn Princess New Years Eve cruise and we were wondering how "formal" the ship is.

Will I be needing two suits for formal nights.

What about thonges as footwear? (not with the suit).

Hope someone can help out.

Regards

Ron & Neicy

I would be only packing one suit with a couple of ties.

It will be nice to dress more formal espcially being Christmas.

Thongs (the cheapy rubber ones) will be ok during the day but probably not in the dining room.

I have dressier shoes that could be described as thongs that I am sure I would wear to the dining room.

Best to use your own judgement

We are going on the Dawn Princess New Years Eve cruise and we were wondering how "formal" the ship is.

Will I be needing two suits for formal nights.

What about thonges as footwear? (not with the suit).

Hope someone can help out.

Regards

Ron & Neicy

Hi Neicy, We are going on the Dawn Princess in 3 weeks and 2 days (and counting...lol). After reading many posts on the princess boards and in the brochures it does look quite a bit dressier than the PD or PS. I have bought 2 new formal outfits as ours is a 12 night cruise. Hubby will take one black suit and 2 ties. I have also bought nice tops and will team them with nice 3/4 dressyish pants for dinner or pants and will wear low heels (thong type) shoes with them. In the brochers it does say no denim or shorts in the dining rooms in the evening so hubby will wear nice pants and s/s button shirts for dinner. He will also take some nice polo shirts too. Day time will be casual I think but sounds like people dress up at night. It is a 4 star ship so guess means a little fancier. Just dress comfortable and enjoy the time. At the end of the day its your cruise and who cares what you look like as long as you have a great time!! Enjoy!!

Annette :) :) :)

We get on when you get off Annette 5 weeks today and I am now wondering what to pack, probably take to much as usual but I really do want to try and keep things to a minimum so I am going to team up nice dressy tops with black and cream nice pants and swap them around a few times.

As you said so long as you feel comfortable and are smartly dressed thats the main thing.

We get on when you get off Annette 5 weeks today and I am now wondering what to pack, probably take to much as usual but I really do want to try and keep things to a minimum so I am going to team up nice dressy tops with black and cream nice pants and swap them around a few times.

As you said so long as you feel comfortable and are smartly dressed thats the main thing.

HI Izzy,

I have just been to Colorado today and bought 4 nice tops which are wash and wear type tops. Dressy enough without being over the top. they will do me for dinner with nice pants. They can be rinsed out at night and hung to dry in the cabin. I think i will take about 7-8 tops and just wear a couple of times. My dilema is shoes....can't find any comfy ones with a nice sensible heel that fit. Still have 3 weeks to go so will go out looking again in a week or so. Trying to get through the Christmas shopping too before we go so by the time to get on the ship I will certainly be in need of a good holiday after all the shopping...lol.

Annette :) :) :)

Annette,

tops and pants is always a safe way to go, and saves on all the packing too!

If you can find a pair of nice black comfy shoes, they will go with a lot of outfits. Good luck!

Izzy,

I see you are in Adelaide too...., we are down south!..:) :)

111_o2.gif.c2e2c0f868d72daf3a79f7b871b3abf6.gif

Archived