Happy Halloween!!

oavcech95

:D I know that in the U.S. is still 30 October, but now in Europe is starting. And I want the first to say Happy Halloween.

Post any cool things you are planning to do, or some of you that are in cruises what are you doin?

Happy Halloween from Mexico :D

Well, I just finished baking a batch of cut-out Halloween sugar cookies that I spent WAY too much time decorating. Tomorrow morning I have to finish up some minor costume modifications for my 11 years old. In the afternoon I am volunteering for the classroom Halloween party for my kindergartner, then making "mummy-dogs" for dinner before we head out for some trick-or-treating.

Right now, I am wondering at what point did I turn into Mrs. Brady!!!! :p

DS will be stepping out in his handmade (by me!) Gandolf costume. And DD will be hitting the streets tonight in her oh-so-cute girly pirate costuem, complete with custom designed skirt. For school she will be wearing her custom-made Halloween t-shirt, embellished by yours-truly late last night when she announced that she COULDN'T wear her pirate costume to school b/c she didn't want to get it dirty at recess. :eek:

We also visited the neighbors last night and dropped off their candy cups. SInce we will be out trick-or-treating, we wanted to be sure the neighbor kids got their own special allotment of candy from us.

So--from one Mrs. Brady to another....HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

CeleBrat

Here's a new one for us. In Iowa, they celebrate Beggar's Night the day before Halloween. That is when all of th kids go out Trick-or-Treating but instead of saying "Trick-or-Treat" they tell a joke and are rewarded with a a treat. I'm still looking for an answer as to why this custom began here in the Midwest.

We went out last night. My 4 year old was Spiderman and I was the Green Goblin- every superhero has to have a nemesis, right? We also carved pumkins the night before and baked cookies so I guess it has turned into a week long celebration.

Happy Halloween all!

We went out last night.

Same here! Where we live, they hold Trick Or Treat the THURSDAY before the 31st. I have no idea why. :confused: It's always been that way, even when I was little.

So let's see all of the little trick or treaters!

This was my kids at Disney's World's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (last month)

096.jpg

092.jpg

And this was last night. My little Cheerleader and Hanna Montana.

005.jpg

Cute pics!

We LOVE-LOVE-LOVE Mickey's Not-So-Scary, and were fortunate enough to be able to attend this past Sunday. Here are the kids with our favorite guys---the Cadaver Dans (Dapper Dans Halloween look). The kids lovingly call them "The Dead Cowboys", and are fascinated by the weapons that are coming out of their heads and backs. We usually don't dress up for the MNSSHP since we are locals, and costumes usually get cumbersome after several hours in a theme park. So, we do the Halloween t-shirt thing. Of course, it was cold, so all you can see are sweatshirts and jackets!

DSCF9063.jpg

CeleBrat

This was from Halloween 2007, don't ask me what my daughter was. Last year was the first year I lost all control over her cotume selection. :) Apparently everything I suggest is "only cool for a five year old".

This year we have Harry Potter and Dark Bride as she refers to herself......should I be concerned?!? (hehehe) I will try to post pictures after trick or treating tonight.

th_65413_Halloween_2007_122_520lo.jpg

CeleBrat - we missed the "dead cowboys"! Now I need to go back! lol Very cool. My favorite was the Haunted Mansion. I loved them in the Halloween makeup.

McFam - LOL....oh geesh. I am not looking forward to the age of independence...hahahahahaha. Can't wait to see the Dark Bride! Have fun! :D

........are you and DH in the "Scream" masks?!?!? :D

Actually nope...lol. The Scream Mask people are teens who live down the street. They were hiding in that Haunted House blow up thingie so I made them pose with the kids. ;)

I wish I had legs that skinny...LOL! Those days are over for me. :p

OMG! I love Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! My daughter is now 19 months and was able to appreciate it this year! She thought the parade was pretty much the best thing ever (the dance parties were a close second!)

We already did the dress up thing at the Gymboree Halloween Party, so between that, and doing the Florida events I'm so done with Halloween!!!

mnsshp_2008_72.jpg

Boo To You Parade...awesome and my current Ring Tone on my cell phone!

kthalloween081_261.jpg

Dress she picked out after she saw everyone dressed up at Disney!

I have a pirate this year... my 10 year old is wearing MY size 10 boots. They come up to my knees and fold over, but for her, they're half way up her thighs, so they really make the costume.

Cruisinmama, we've got a neighbor like the teens down your street. He lives directly across the street from us and provides great Hallowe'en entertainment. About a week or so before Hallowe'en, he puts a big scarecrow on his porch... but when the kids are trick or treating, it's HIM!! The first year I took my daughter out, she was scared to go up his steps and I went over and said, 'It's okay Honey, it's just a stuffed scarecrow...' and poked him... Well, it was all I could do not to jump right out of my own shoes when I saw his eyes move over and look at me!! ha ha ha ha ha That year he stayed stock still while we went to the door. He's pretty good at figuring out which kids can handle the fright when he jumps up and says 'Boo!' Even if we aren't looking out the window, we laugh whenever we hear the intermittent screams and laughter from his side of the street! :p

I would love to hear more about this. :) Care to explain?

Sure- Each family or community make an "altar" that I dont know the word in english, but the people do it to a dead from his family or maybe famous, and in the altar you put all the things they like when they where alive, ex: chocolate, bread, tequila, etc... and in the night their soul come and take away the flavor of the food. Obviously they do it more and more special in each family, for example in the school of my kids they do it of Pavarotti, with Italian food.

Well ~ class parties are over, school parades have been marched, trick or treating has come and gone. Another fun year! :) Here's the costumes...I think they each wore two or three different ones to different events this year!

th_04135_032_122_562lo.JPG

Happy Halloween!!!

what a great thread love to here how other's celebrate halloween. Oct 30 is gate night it is usually the night that all the pranksters TP your house etc.But our local police are out in full force trying to prevent too much problems.halloween went on with out a hitch. I love to see the little kids at the door but the bigger kids I don't!The adults well we have special chocolates for them that we pick up at the local LC :D

Sure- Each family or community make an "altar" that I dont know the word in english, but the people do it to a dead from his family or maybe famous, and in the altar you put all the things they like when they where alive, ex: chocolate, bread, tequila, etc... and in the night their soul come and take away the flavor of the food. Obviously they do it more and more special in each family, for example in the school of my kids they do it of Pavarotti, with Italian food.

Awesome. So it's a way to honor the deceased in each family and to remember them? That's neat. I love to hear about other cultures. Thanks for the explanation! :D Happy Day of the Deads to you. :)

Well ~ class parties are over, school parades have been marched, trick or treating has come and gone. Another fun year! :) Here's the costumes...I think they each wore two or three different ones to different events this year!

th_04135_032_122_562lo.JPG

Oohhhhh so that's the dark bride! :D I am loving the black flowers! LOL! And your lil Harry Potter is adorable! :D

We have ONE more thing today - the Halloween Parade that got rescheduled to today due to the bad weather last weekend.

So the costumes go back on today. Is it Christmas time yet? lol

Halloween was a success! We managed to acquire enough candy to keep us on a sugar-high for weeks.

Here we are (DH taking photo) at the start of the evening....

DSCF9123.jpg

Here is a fun pic of Gandolf the Wizard on a long journey...

DSCF9126.jpg

And here is a photo of one of the many fun houses in our neighborhood. Our town LOVES Halloween, and many people really get into the spirit of decorating their houses.

DSCF9142.jpg

I couldn't get a decent photo (due to the darkness) but there was one house that tried to replicate the Haunted Mansion. It was sooooo cool. They even had their front door open so you could see that they had turned their foyer into the portrait room from the mansion. Awesome!

Hope everyone had fun last night!

CeleBrat

Archived