Trying to make final payment...

calicruise74

I'm pretty sure its due in the eastern time zone since I always check my computer at 10 p.m. local (midnight in Miami) and it's already switched to the new date for the countdown at that time. I would guess Carnival does everything by the Miami time zone.

Call Carnival for final payment, just so you can get it done and they know you paid it rather than fighting the error messages.

Good Luck!

Yep, that's what I thought. I'm used to stuff like that, my company is based in Chicago so I always have to think in central time, not mountain time even though I live in Colorado. Good thing I can add an hour! LOL :D

Hope you had success! :)

So my final payment is due today and I am on Carnival.com trying to pay it. Wireless connection is slow and it keeps giving me error message!! :mad:

Is it due by midnight Eastern time or your home time zone?

I've heard that the only way to pay online is if you booked via the CCL website.

If you booked over the phone with a PVP, CVS, or TA it won't work.

Good Luck getting this taken care of. In this economy I don't think they'd cancel you right away .

Bill

I've heard that the only way to pay online is if you booked via the CCL website.

Good Luck getting this taken care of. In this economy I don't think they'd cancel you right away .

Bill

Yep, booked online via carnival.com.

Dialing 1888 CARNIVAL and it says call cannot be completed as dialed. AGH!

Hope you're right....i dont want to get cancelled!

Bill

This is exactly what I was told as well. I booked through a PVP, and tried to make final payment online. It wouldn't work so I called. The guy said the only way you can make payment online is if you booked online. He took the credit card number and I was done almost immediately. He sent me the receipt showing a zero balance and it showed online then as well. Very easy!

Hmmmm, see if this will work:

1-800-819-3902

YES!! Thank you so much!

Just got off the phone with a very helpful person there at CCL, all taken care of and doing the E-Doc dance!

He said that because it went below 60 days, sometimes it wont take an online payment. Yikes....I guess it was due BY 10/30 (10/29 then??)but my interpretation was on or before 10/30. In any case, all good!

Thanks for the help and suggestions!

Bill

Well, I booked over the phone( 2 bookings) and one I can pay on the internet. One says I have to call. Who reallys knows, Carnival's website can be kinda:rolleyes: buggy.

YES!! Thank you so much!

Just got off the phone with a very helpful person there at CCL, all taken care of and doing the E-Doc dance!

He said that because it went below 60 days, sometimes it wont take an online payment. Yikes....I guess it was due BY 10/30 (10/29 then??)but my interpretation was on or before 10/30. In any case, all good!

Thanks for the help and suggestions!

Glad you got it all straightened out and you're good to go.

What they told you may or may not be true. Who knows since you get 3 different answers from 3 different people.

I don't think it is btw.

Bottom line your stress is relieved and you can look forward to a wonderful cruise.:)

Bill

LOL!! Exactly...who knows!

I got my confirmation...they got their $$.

I just wonder, how long before they cancel you after final payment if you dont pay on time? And in this economy, would they extend??

There was a a post on here about a month ago about a woman who paid her cruise off months ahead of time and when she went to print her docs they wouldn't print.

Seems she paid in cash/check and the TA never paid her cruise off.

Her cruise was well past final payment and for some unknown reason CCL never canceled it.

Bill

There was a a post on here about a month ago about a woman who paid her cruise off months ahead of time and when she went to print her docs they wouldn't print.

Her cruise was well past final payment and for some unknown reason CCL never canceled it.

Bill

They don't cancel you right away,,,,they call first :) I was a travel agent for years, and as long as your deposit is paid, they generally hang on to the reservation for weeks,,,,

pretty cool!:)

Life is good for us in Philly right now.

we won the World Series and CCL will be in town Sunday with their giant pinata.:D

Bill

glaring at the Phillies Fan,,,,,,,Holly in Tampa Bay, Florida (just messin with ya!)

Bill

They don't cancel you right away,,,,they call first :) I was a travel agent for years, and as long as your deposit is paid, they generally hang on to the reservation for weeks,,,,

pretty cool!:)

Life is good for us in Philly right now.

we won the World Series and CCL will be in town Sunday with their giant pinata.:D

Bill

glaring at the Phillies Fan,,,,,,,Holly in Tampa Bay, Florida (just messin with ya!)

Have a great cruise...Monday right?????

MONDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY,,,,,,,,,,, I only have like TEN THOUSAND things to do this weekend,,,,,and here I sit, in my bed, typing away on my laptop,,,,,,

ACKKKKKKKKKKKK,,,,I have to go shopping, get my nails and a pedi done,,,,,clean the house, do the laundry, finish packing,,,,

My youngest has a kidney infection that I had to take her to the hospital for last night (minor, but I wasn't leaving without finding out and getting treatment as necessary) so I have to get meds this morning,,,DH and I have STILL not gone to dinner for our aniversary because of hospital visit with youngest,,,I'm ready to hang it up and just celebrate on cruise,,,,,,,but DH says NO WAY,,,,we're going out for a while,,,,,ackkkk,,,

and here I sit,,,,,,I need a rocket under my hind end,,,,I've promised myself at 10am, I am going to start MOVING,,,,,,hah,,,,LOL,,,

Holly

I am the lady who had the problem with the TA not paying Carnival. They did not cancel. The final payment was due in August and I didn't find out about these problems until 30 days (which was about a month ago since we cruise SUNDAY :p ) out when I tried to print the docs. The TA bounced a check to Carnival. Apparently they were working with him to get payment. They kept extending the time for him. So I guess the cancellation would depend on the TA's relationship with Carnival.

FYI I was told by Carnival if I hadn't gotten involved I never would have gotten a call if the booking was cancelled. They would have called the TA. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it? TA steals your money and you aren't contacted. But that is the policy.

I am the lady who had the problem with the TA not paying Carnival. They did not cancel. The final payment was due in August and I didn't find out about these problems until 30 days (which was about a month ago since we cruise SUNDAY :p ) out when I tried to print the docs. The TA bounced a check to Carnival. Apparently they were working with him to get payment. They kept extending the time for him. So I guess the cancellation would depend on the TA's relationship with Carnival.

FYI I was told by Carnival if I hadn't gotten involved I never would have gotten a call if the booking was cancelled. They would have called the TA. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it? TA steals your money and you aren't contacted. But that is the policy.

In Carnival's defense, they would have no way of knowing the TA stole your money,,,,they'd simply think that you hadn't paid it yet,,,

unbelievable though,,,I mean I believe you,,,it just blows the mind,,,,I was a TA for years,,,,and I just can't IMAGINE not paying for a cruise,,,,blows my mind,,,,I always made a copy of the check to the cruise line for my clients if they asked for it,,,,,

the only problem I ever had was explaining why MY check to CCL was LESS than they paid me,,,,my commission always came out of final payment,,,they'd get angry, lol,,,,,

Holly

Archived