Upgrading at short notice - penthouse suite?

lesley74

Hi

The cruise we're going on have had price drops for suites. We're booked on a balcony guarantee, and got Lido deck. I should probably be happy with thta, but I asked about upgrading to a suite as there was a slight price drop and they said $290 pp. So I didn't bother. However, this has dropped some more so would now be $240pp.

The thing that is making me think this is worthwhile is when I look up the suites, it's $899 for the suite guarantee (I paid $659 BL) but it seems there's no regular suites left, the only option other than Suite Guarantee is Empress 12 at $1599 Penthouse suites. Does that mean if I booked the suite guarantee I'd get a penthouse suite? I don't know if they'd upgrade someone else first or what. It doesn't say 'free updgrade' on the other suite category or anything, but I can see there's no availablity for a regular suite.

We're close to the front of the boat, and all these suites are midship.

This is for the Triumph by the way if it makes a difference. Any thoughts on this?

Hi

The cruise we're going on have had price drops for suites. We're booked on a balcony guarantee, and got Lido deck. I should probably be happy with thta, but I asked about upgrading to a suite as there was a slight price drop and they said $290 pp. So I didn't bother. However, this has dropped some more so would now be $240pp.

The thing that is making me think this is worthwhile is when I look up the suites, it's $899 for the suite guarantee (I paid $659 BL) but it seems there's no regular suites left, the only option other than Suite Guarantee is Empress 12 at $1599 Penthouse suites. Does that mean if I booked the suite guarantee I'd get a penthouse suite? I don't know if they'd upgrade someone else first or what. It doesn't say 'free updgrade' on the other suite category or anything, but I can see there's no availablity for a regular suite.

This is for the Triumph by the way if it makes a difference. Any thoughts on this?

I would THINK it's possible that someone already IN a suite would get upgraded to the penthouse and you might get THEIR lower category suite,,,,,you don't have any way of knowing if they picked their suite, or if they had a suite guarantee,,,,,,or what the circumstances are,,,Holly

I had thought that, but then wondered if they would be bothered moving someone etc, or if it was easier for admin just to allocate. Seems to good to be true and it might well be, but I was just considering it.

I wonder if they do move people...especially if they've chosen their cabin. We've chosen balcony guarantee, and got Lido Deck, and I don't for a minute expect them to upgrade me now to make way for a new booking. Would they? I think it's just an unknown. They certainly won't promise me what will happen, and I'm sure they'd happily take my extra money knowing at this stage they can more easily sell the balcony cabin!

Keep in mind that there are 2 suites on deck 9 at the very front with regular sized balcony (not the larger suite balcony).

You never know with upgrades, but I think it would be more likely you would get a regular suite, and someone who had booked earlier would get the upgrade to a Cat 12.

Archived