Captain Marvins or Cayman in a Nutshell for Island Tour?

LoveMyLeo

I will be in the Caymans for my first time in December. I am interested in the Island Tours offerred by both of these companies, Captain Marvin's and Cayman in a Nutshell and want to know about your experience if you have been on the Island Tour with these companies. I am not interested in the Stingray Tour, I have had plenty of Stingray interactions the past couple of years at SeaWorld, Discovery Cove, and Castaway Cay. Any advice you could offer would be great! Thank you in advance! :)

It's been 4 years since Ive done the Stingray tour with Captain Marvins, but I tell ya, I couldn't have been happier with their crew. They were just fantastic. I imagine they give a good tour regardless of destination. When exactly are you going? I will be there during the first week of December and if I make it back before you leave, I'd be happy to give you my opinion on their Island Tour specifically.

That would be super because I leave on the 13th! I still haven't heard back from either company on my email requests.They both have the same tour so I am more concerned with availability at this point but your review wouldn't hurt. There have however been more reviews from Marvin's so I am swinging more towards them at this point. Thank you! :)

We did Captain Marvins several years ago and it was excellent. We saw the ship tour boat and were very thankful that we had a private tour. When we docked last Feb. we had a rental car reserved. That too was great, we drove all over the island and stopped for a nice lunch. If you do Capt. Marvins, get them to drop you off at one of the hotels on seven mile beach on your way back. You can spend some time on the beach, and then grab a local bus back to town (fare is $1. i think).

Thank you! Yes, I do think I am going to go with Captain Marvin's after all. I emailed both companies and Joan from Captain Marvin's is the only one who has responded so far and she said they would be more than happy to drop me off at Royal Palms at the end of our tour which is great! Thanks again for your input! :)

• 1 month later...

I just returned from Grand Cayman on the Carnival Freedom and we did the island tour with Captain Marvins. The tour was fabulous and would highly recommend it. I booked it online and received a response from Joan within an hour. They also were the only tour company to reposnd to my questions online.

Caymon in a Nutshell has a special going that includes lunch. I have tried 2 emails & even called and left a message this morning. No responses from them. I know it is the holidays, but still......

I was also looking at one sfrom Shoretrips that is Stringray City plus Caymon Short & Sweet - anyone know this one?

Archived