Best room catagory for 2 adults/2 small kids?

ffej

We have been on four previous cruises with Celebrity and RC, but have never taken our kids. We are looking at cruises in the fall of 2009 or spring 2010 and our kids ages at that time will be roughly 6 and 4. They more than likely won't be taking midday naps (especially the 6 year old). We are thinking of a more port intensive, beach trip, but are open to the idea of more sea days with the amentities for kids on the newer ships. If there is no separate kids pool area, then we would go with more ports. My question is: what catagory or specific rooms on specific ships can accomodate 4? Ideally we would like to avoid an upper bunk and have a queen or king size bed and a double sofa sleeper. I don't know if these exist. I know the website says "some accomodate up to four" for the various room types, but I find it difficult to sift through each deck plan and figure out what each symbol means. I am hoping that your experience and expertise will guide me in my search. Thank you for your time.

We sailed November of last year with our then 6 yr and 14 year old. we had a quad inside and it was tight but manageable. I was worried about the bunks for both (too small or too big) but they both loved them and slept great. No one fell off and there were a few "rough" nights!!!! Our next cruise next year we have booked a 6E and I'm quite excited. One of the perks I read about the 6e is it on the spa deck therefore extra bathrooms and showers. That will come in handy!!!!

On the Conquest class ships we liked the 6E stateroom ,but they have the upper bunk, Unless your 6 year old is a mover at sleep he/she should be fine .The bunk has a loop style rail on it (my kids did fine with it):D

Just be aware that all these 6E cabins for Conquest class are being switched to balcony cabins as each ship goes into dry dock. The Conquest itself loses the 6Es next January.

RCL has some double convertible sofa beds, not sure Carnival has them. Not that Iv heard of. As someone said above one bed would be an upper, the advantage being each child has their own bed.

Archived