Duty Free?

chyanmor

If you were to buy something alcholic at the airport duty free on the way out to the cruise for consumption on the cruise would p and o make you put it in storage till the end of your cruise??

Anyone had experience of this?

Huw

Hello Huw, P & O do allow you to carry on your duty free. In fact, if you run out whilst at sea, they'll sell you another duty free bottle, through your room steward. If your on the Ventura, this is available through your inter active tv in your cabin. They do however reserve the right, rightly in my opinion, to take it off you for storage if you arrive at the gangway having had a few nippy sweeties too many. If you take on wine for consumption in the dining room there is a corkage charge.

Its a very civilised way to cruise in my opinion. I still have my normal quota of beer at the bar but, a wee hauf in the cabin before dinner starts the evening well.

Lots of cruise lines, American in particular, don't allow this carry on. Well they allow it but take it off you for storage till the last night of the cruise.

Have a great cruise.

Jimmy

Jimmy, thanks your reply I think that is a sensible policy. My wife like's creme de cassis with her sparkly wine/champagne and so wanted to get a bottle as I doubt that will be sold via cabin stewards as be more like vodka - my tipple of choice.

Huw

Archived