Group flight and hotel coordination ?

allzi

How is the best way to coordinate all your flight info and hotel for all the people coming to your wedding onboard ship?

We are getting married on the Legend in March, and the wedding Dept says it's the group travel section of Carnival that looks after it, and the Travel section says to talk to our wedding coordinator. Plus Carnival says that we won't get our flights and hotel until 30 days out. The wedding dept says we must have all that info by 45 days out. So one department, doesn't seem to keep the other in the loop!

Thanks for any info you can give me

I did all of that on my own. I watched for cheap flights and then emailed our guests when I saw good deals and let them pick their own flights. I suggested a time frame. Since we were sailing from Port Canaveral, I called a hotel in Orlando and blocked a group of rooms and got a group rate. Each guest called to make their reservations and we all met there on the day before the cruise and had a pre-cruise party.

We did it on our own as well. We sent out newlsetters letting people know what we had found out about cheap airfare. We reserved a block of rooms at 2 hotels (1 cheaper than the other) and let people take care of it themselves. We also posted fare breaks on our website.

Archived