Best way to Orient Beach

mac4cruise

We are planning to spend the day at the Orient Beach area in Feb. What is the best way to get there I was thinking of taking a taxi how long does take and how much does it cost each way and can you get a flat rate. I don't believe any of the ships excursions goes to Orient Beach.

Thanks for the help

You don't need a ship excursion, just grab a taxi. I can't remember the cost but I think it was less than $10 each way. It is maybe a 20 minute taxi ride. When you are ready to go back to the ship there are plenty of taxi drivers there that can take you back.

When you get to the taxi stand there is a big poster with the rates. It will depend on the number of people and they are very set up for shared rides as long as there are others there who want to go to the beach at the same time as you. I came across this web site that has a photo of the rate chart - don't know how old it is but I think it is relatively current. Click here for photo

There is absolutely no need to book a cruiseline shore excusion for a beach visit. Just grab a cab at the pier and travel to Orient. Your cab driver will drop you off and offer to pick you up at a specific time. Or you can get dropped off at Orient and catch any number of taxis hanging out at the beach waiting for return passengers. It's really that simple.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived